The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neil2BD
If you met a guy who you were attracted to but, but it turned out he was early to mid 30s (but didn't look his age), would you prefer him to be honest about his age right away?

I'm in that age range and mostly date and hook up with girls 16 - 21. I'm not sure whether to mention my age right away or whether to not mention it until later. I never lie about my age if asked, and I believe the foundation of all successful relationships is honesty, trust and respect.

honest with his age right away.
Reply 21
Original post by Crystalz
16-18 year old girls are children :frown:
When you turn 18 you think you're old because you can legally do things but in reality you still are very much a child.

Anyone 16 or over is entitled to do whatever they like sexually as long as both partners are legal and consenting.

You've also said "hook up" which is fine if it's a relationship between two consenting mature adults but these are young teenagers who have not reached the emotional maturity to see anything as just a "hook up".

So 16 - 18 years olds never 'hook up' or have casual sex with anyone??? :s-smilie:

Please date and hook up with people your own age.

Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldn't date/hook up with?

As an 18 year old who has dated/hooked up with people significantly older than myself I can tell you in all honesty it causes a lot more problems and emotional issues than it's worth.

What was the oldest you dated/hooked up with? Just because a guy is significantly older does not automatically mean you'll have more problems and emotional issues than with someone closer to your own age. It is not a guy's age that determines whether you'll have problems and emotional issues, but rather how compatible you are with each other. If anything, an older guy would be more mature, so you'd have less problems and emotional issues.

What about the girls you talk to? What about their happiness?

Any girl that dates/hooks up with me we'll have a good time together. I always treat women right and leave them better than I found them. I don't understand your comment.

You are giving no consideration to the long term emotional wellbeing of these very young girls you are messing with and how your actions may effect them.

I don't understand this comment either. You make it sound like I mistreat them or something. As I said, I treat them right and we have an enjoyable time together.

Trust me it will effect them.

How so?

Go for girls that are emotional mature instead of causing (you can call me melodramatic but whatever) emotional trauma in underage girls.It's wrong.

How do I cause emotional trauma in young girls? I've never experienced that with any girl I've been with.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm 16 and I would never date a 30+ year old even if I found him attractive, very creepy. What's wrong with women around your age? Not all of them are wrinkled and constantly nag you know.
Reply 23
Original post by rachrl03
there's no way 16-18yr olds should be dating people that old,

Says who? I didn't know there were any laws or rules against it? If so, please enlighten me...
Reply 24
Original post by holly1798
"don't let other people dictate how you live your life" what if they are telling your something is wrong, which this subject kind of is, are you just going to ignore it?

Says who? I didn't know there were any laws or rules against it? If so, please enlighten me...
Original post by rachrl03
First of all, that is creepy as hell, as a 19yr old I would never date someone over 25, and I think there's no way 16-18yr olds should be dating people that old, and why anyone over the age of 20 would want to date someone that isn't even legally an adult and is at a completely different maturity level/point in life is just weird to be honest.

Secondly... I'm kinda questioning why you're on this website as a 30+ year old man when its mainly used by people aged 15-25...

Lmao no one else has even noticed this yet
Original post by Neil2BD
Anyone 16 or over is entitled to do whatever they like sexually as long as both partners are legal and consenting.

So 16 - 18 years olds never 'hook up' or have casual sex with anyone??? :s-smilie:

16 year olds maybe legal to say yes to sex, but that doesn't give older men a pass to have sex with them just because they can. I don't know that many mature 16 year olds that have the same awareness as 20 something year olds have! The legal age maybe 16 years old, but if the age was 15 would you lower your dating range down to that as well? 16 year olds may hook up with people at parties, but usually all the people they hook up with will be in the 16-18 age range, I don;t know everyone and hope I never will that will go out at 16 and just hook up with a 30 year old.
Original post by Neil2BD

We don't just live our lives by what is legally right or wrong, you utter nonce.
Reply 28
Original post by Awesome-o
We don't just live our lives by what is legally right or wrong, you utter nonce.

How do we live our lives then, and how is your comment relevant to this subject?
Original post by Neil2BD

just because something isn't a written law doesn't make it morally wrong.
Original post by Neil2BD
How do we live our lives then, and how is your comment relevant to this subject?

You sound rather unintelligent and immature for your age. No wonder you end up dating similarly unintelligent and immature women - very young women.

I bet you don't have the faintest clue about how fickle and fragile the emotions of young women can be, especially around the age of 16, good God...

You need to grow up. Although I suppose it's a bit late for that now - you should have done so ten years ago.
(edited 8 years ago)
You could be honest about your age, but I still would not date you :h:
Reply 32
16 year olds maybe legal to say yes to sex, but that doesn't give older men a pass to have sex with them just because they can.

I didn't say it gives anyone a free pass to have sex with them. Nobody has a free pass to have sex with anyone. It always needs to be mutually consenting, regardless of age (as long as everyone's legal, of course).

The legal age maybe 16 years old, but if the age was 15 would you lower your dating range down to that as well?

No, unlikely. By the way, read my post. I said 16 - 21, not exclusively 16! And I also said I'd date women my age or older if I found them attractive and if we had the right chemistry.

16 year olds may hook up with people at parties, but usually all the people they hook up with will be in the 16-18 age range, I don;t know everyone and hope I never will that will go out at 16 and just hook up with a 30 year old.

Who are you to judge who a 16 year old hooks up with? It's their business.

just because something isn't a written law doesn't make it morally wrong.

That is all extremely subjective.
Original post by bassbabe
I'm 16 and I would never date a 30+ year old even if I found him attractive, very creepy. What's wrong with women around your age? Not all of them are wrinkled and constantly nag you know.

I'm 17 and my mum's in her late thirties, dating someone nearly half your age is just ewwwww.
Original post by Neil2BD

Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldn't date/hook up with?

What was the oldest you dated/hooked up with? Just because a guy is significantly older does not automatically mean you'll have more problems and emotional issues than with someone closer to your own age. It is not a guy's age that determines whether you'll have problems and emotional issues, but rather how compatible you are with each other. If anything, an older guy would be more mature, so you'd have less problems and emotional issues.

Any girl that dates/hooks up with me we'll have a good time together. I always treat women right and leave them better than I found them. I don't understand your comment.

I don't understand this comment either. You make it sound like I mistreat them or something. As I said, I treat them right and we have an enjoyable time together.

How so?

What do I cause emotional trauma in young girls? I've never experienced that with any girl I've been with.

You sound like a self entitled ****ing prick. I'm literally fuming.
Legally a 16 year old is allowed to have sex with whoever they want too. DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD. I am not here to lecture anyone, if you're a 16 year old girl i don't think you should but you can. You learn from your mistakes. It's less likely to be pleasurable and emotionally satisfying at such a young age because young girls aren't emotionally mature as well as being incredibly vunerable due to their young age. A lot of young girls who feel the need to engage in such a relationship with a man closer to their father's age than theirs have substantial emotional issues. You as an adult should know this and refrain from taking advantage.

16-18 year olds have casual sex but often are unable to detach sex and romantic feelings from one another because they lack the emotional maturity to do so. They aren't exactly going to be able to have a ONS with one of the first guys they ever have sex with without developing feelings are they?????? You can't just have sex with them and be on your way AND expect them not to be hurt. You know this you're not an idiot.

Who are you to disturb and possibly traumatise a young girl for your own selfish needs.

Someone your age is not going to have the same relationship someone the same age as me would have with me. We are at completely different stages in life and in maturity. It is very unlikely we will be compatible. How dare you 'hook up' with an emotionally vulnerable child and act like you are doing them a favor. Leave them in a better condition than when you met them ??? i doubt it. HOW? They now have a bad experience with an older man who has literally had sex with them and left them causing their subsequent relationships to be full of issues resulting from newly found trust issues, abandonment issues and all round low self esteem since they feel they weren't enough to make you stay. You are mature enough to know all off this.
You are mistreating them simply by engaging with them in this way, a girl that'd rather go out with someone closer to her dads age than her own is usually not an emotionally stable girl.
You've never experienced it because you don't want to see it.

You make me sick but i'm literally going to beg you to stop. It's something i think you can tell that i feel very strongly about. Please, please leave these girls alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
I personally prefer older guys i.e. later 20s/early 30s because they are usually more accomplished, mature and self-assured compared to guys in their early 20s which is how old I am.

I think it's comical how people are moaning at the OP for dating 16-21 year olds especially when lots of 16-21 year olds are into older guys and they're no victims trust me most girls that age who date older guys know what they are getting into. They are professional THOTs.
Original post by James Milibanter
I'm 17 and my mum's in her late thirties, dating someone nearly half your age is just ewwwww.

Of course it's eww when you're thinking about the possibility of banging your own mum. :rofl: If the 17 year old is mature and into older partners I don't see the issue.
Original post by Daenerys...
Of course it's eww when you're thinking about the possibility of banging your own mum. :rofl: If the 17 year old is mature and into older partners I don't see the issue.

I'm so done right now, major cringe.
But the oldest I've been with is 23, but I wouldn't mind going for someone a little older, but not over 30.
Original post by Neil2BD
I didn't say it gives anyone a free pass to have sex with them. Nobody has a free pass to have sex with anyone. It always needs to be mutually consenting, regardless of age (as long as everyone's legal, of course).

No, unlikely. By the way, read my post. I said 16 - 21, not exclusively 16! And I also said I'd date women my age or older if I found them attractive and if we had the right chemistry.

Who are you to judge who a 16 year old hooks up with? It's their business.

That is all extremely subjective.

I meant it more in the way of older men thinking "oh she is 16, we could hook up if she wants to as well and it would be okay because shes legal" I didn't make that clear enough. Morally a 30 something year old should;t be chasing 16 year olds who are bearly out of high school. Your preferred age may not be 16, but if you go that low and you yourself are in your 30's it's a little strange. You are probably closer to their pernats age than the girl.
I would never judge someone on who they decide to hook up with, but if I seen one of my friends getting off with a 30 year old man I would pull her to the side and tell her what I thought. I'm not going to say all age gaps are wrong, I just think at 16 you shouldn't be considering a 30 year old, and a 30 year old shouldn't be considering a 16 year old.
To answer the question, you should definitely tell them how old you are from the start... Why would you not even do that? Assuming you talk somewhat to the 16-21 year olds you plan on sleeping with, surely your age would come up at some point? Being dishonest about it, which is obviously quite important in this situtation, is not a good idea.

Latest

Trending

Trending