The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i would prefer him to be honest about his age. But im 20 years old and i would really mind being with someone older, thats my taste lol (but not TOO old)

However, i do think there is a cause for concern if a 16 year old was to date a man in the mid 30 age group. Only because of maturity and of men taking advantage of minors etc.
Reply 41
Original post by holly1798
I meant it more in the way of older men thinking "oh she is 16, we could hook up if she wants to as well and it would be okay because shes legal"

I don't think like that.

Morally a 30 something year old should;t be chasing 16 year olds who are bearly out of high school.

That's all subjective.

Your preferred age may not be 16, but if you go that low and you yourself are in your 30's it's a little strange.

That's also subjective too.

I would never judge someone on who they decide to hook up with, but if I seen one of my friends getting off with a 30 year old man I would pull her to the side and tell her what I thought. I'm not going to say all age gaps are wrong,

I think you should mind your own business about who your friends date/hook up with. What if the two people got on well and had a good relationship despite the age gap? Would you still think negatively about it then?

I just think at 16 you shouldn't be considering a 30 year old, and a 30 year old shouldn't be considering a 16 year old.

That's your opinion.
Original post by Neil2BD
I don't think like that.

That's all subjective.

I think you should mind your own business about who your friends date/hook up with. What if the two people got on well and had a good relationship despite the age gap? Would you still think negatively about it then?

That's your opinion.

I really don't think 30 year old dating someone who has only just left high school is subjective. A 30 year old man waiting for his girlfriend at the school gates? Nope. I have been with people in the past that have had an age gap, but its never been more than 2/3 years, not the same, but understand the concept. If I was off with someone who was in their 30's I would wnat my friends to tell me how they felt, they are my friend, I'm going to look out for them. Are you saying you never make a comment on your friend relationships? It would depend on the actual age rather than the gap. A 50 year old and a 60 year old is perfectly okay. A 16 year old and a 26 year old, not so much. Both have them same gap though.
Original post by Neil2BD
I don't think like that.

That's all subjective.

That's your opinion.

Everything is subjective. Whether or not a 50 year old man should marry a consenting 16 year old in subjective.
We don't give tedious tasks to 14 year olds because they are not mature. We don't give loans to 16 year olds because they are too young to accurately assess the implications. We for some reason allow 16 year olds to give their body to older men when they are unable to accurately assess the emotional implication. This is not subjective. This is fact.
Original post by Crystalz
Everything is subjective. Whether or not a 50 year old man should marry a consenting 16 year old in subjective.
We don't give tedious tasks to 14 year olds because they are not mature. We don't give loans to 16 year olds because they are too young to accurately assess the implications. We for some reason allow 16 year olds to give their body to older men when they are unable to accurately assess the emotional implication. This is not subjective. This is fact.

How is this fact? You can't generalise so much about all 14-16 years olds in existence.
Reply 45
I would prefer the guy to be honest about his age. I understand you're into girls in the 16-21 age range but don't you find being attracted to 16 year old girls a little strange? :smile:
Reply 46
Crystalaz, there are so many over-generalizations and assumptions in your reply it's ridiculous....

You sound like a self entitled ****ing prick. I'm literally fuming.

If you feel that way, that's your issue, not mine

It's less likely to be pleasurable and emotionally satisfying at such a young age because young girls aren't emotionally mature as well as being incredibly vunerable due to their young age.

Here's your first over-generalisation. 'It's less likely to be pleasurable and emotionally satisfying at such a young age'. No, not necessarily. A girl that age can have enjoyable sex and relationships.

A lot of young girls who feel the need to engage in such a relationship with a man closer to their father's age than theirs have substantial emotional issues.

There's your second over-generalisation. No, many girls that age who like older guys like them because they prefer the maturity, life experience and sexual experience of an older guy compared with guys their own age.

You as an adult should know this and refrain from taking advantage.

There's your next wrong assumption. You assume because I'm older that it means I'm 'taking advantage'. I never take advantage of anyone. I don't know what you mean by 'take advantage'.

16-18 year olds have casual sex but often are unable to detach sex and romantic feelings from one another because they lack the emotional maturity to do so.

There's your third over-generalisation, assuming that ALL 16 -18 year olds who have casual sex are unable to detach sex and romantic feelings from one another.

No sorry. Here's the truth: SOME 16 - 18 years olds are able to have casual sex without developing romantic feelings, SOME aren't. It is down to the person as an individual. Also, the same aplies to women of ALL age groups....some women in their 20s, 30s, 40s or older are able to have casual sex without developing romantic feelings for their partner, SOME aren't. It has nothing to do with the woman's age as to whether she develops romantic feelings for a guy, it's down to the person as an individual.

You can't just have sex with them and be on your way AND expect them not to be hurt. You know this you're not an idiot.

Why do you assume that girls will be hurt if they have sex? I've never experienced that. Anyone I've hooked up with has always enjoyed the time we've been together and never ended up hurt. You're just spouting out all these assumptions and over-generalisations.

Who are you to disturb and possibly traumatise a young girl for your own selfish needs.

Traumatise a young girl? I've never traumatised a young girl. As I said, it's always been a mutually enjoyable experience for myself and anyone I've hooked up with. It's not about my own selfish needs, it's always been a shared experience.

And there are plenty of girls who have been traumatised by guys their own age.

Someone your age is not going to have the same relationship someone the same age as me would have with me.

That's true, it wouldn't be the same. Someone my age would be much more mature and sexually experienced than someone your own age :wink:

We are at completely different stages in life and in maturity. It is very unlikely we will be compatible.

Compatibility goes beyond those things. If two people enjoy each others' company, are attracted to each other and have enjoyable sex, then that's all that matters.

How dare you 'hook up' with an emotionally vulnerable child and act like you are doing them a favor.

'Emotionally vulnerable child'???? I don't agree with that label you put onto 16 - 18 year olds. If they were 'emotionally vulnerable' then the age of consent wouldn't be 16. Duh!

Leave them in a better condition than when you met them ??? i doubt it. HOW?

I can offer them a different experience than if they dated/hooked up with someone their own age. I have more life experience, relationship experience and sexual experience.

They now have a bad experience with an older man

Bad experience? There's YET ANOTHER assumption from you. I've never given a girl a 'bad experience'? Why do you wrongly assume that if a guy is older, he is giving the girl a 'bad experience'?

There are plenty of girls who have had bad experiences with guys their own age.

who has literally had sex with them and left them causing their subsequent relationships to be full of issues resulting from newly found trust issues, abandonment issues and all round low self esteem since they feel they weren't enough to make you stay. You are mature enough to know all off this.

'Had sex with them and left them'? So you're assuming I have sex with them once then dump them. Who said I do that? I didn't say I do that, you just made up another wrong assumption about me.

There are plenty of young guys the same age as these girls that would have sex with them and leave them.

You are mistreating them simply by engaging with them in this way,

Mistreating them? Yet another wrong assumption about me. I've never mistreated any girl I've hooked up or dated. I've always treated them right and respectfully.

There are plenty of guys the same age as these girls who would mistreat them.

a girl that'd rather go out with someone closer to her dads age than her own is usually not an emotionally stable girl.

Yet another over-generalisation.

You've never experienced it because you don't want to see it.

No. I've never experienced it because it hasn't happened to me.

You make me sick but i'm literally going to beg you to stop. It's something i think you can tell that i feel very strongly about. Please, please leave these girls alone.

You don't have any say on who I date or hook up with. Your problem is 1) you are overly judgemental towards me, 2) you make too many negative sweeping generalisations about age gap relationships, 3) you make too many negative assumptions about me. Think your replies through before replying to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 47
nah mate that's nasty. 16 year olds are kids. You're over double their age. Nope.
Ok. By OP's logic it's perfectly fine and normal for a 30 year old to date a 16 year old. Go ahead.
Reply 49
A 30 year old man waiting for his girlfriend at the school gates? Nope. I have been with people in the past that have had an age gap,

I wouldn't 'wait at the school gates'. If I hook up with a 16 year old, she's more likely to be at college than school.

Are you saying you never make a comment on your friend relationships?

I take the view that my friend's relationships are none of my business. As long as they are happy and their partner treats them right, then it's their business who they date/hook up with.

It would depend on the actual age rather than the gap. A 50 year old and a 60 year old is perfectly okay. A 16 year old and a 26 year old, not so much. Both have them same gap though.

In who's mind?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Neil2BD
I tend not to concern myself with what other people think about me. I find life is easier when you don't let other people dictate how you live your life. If you spend your life always worrying about what other people think about you, you'll never be happy.
In other words you want to have sex with young girls and you're not interested in the emotional cost to them.
Reply 51

If 16 year olds weren't mature enough to consent to sex, 16 wouldn't be the age of consent. Duh.
Reply 52
Original post by Little Popcorns
In other words you want to have sex with young girls and you're not interested in the emotional cost to them.

What do you mean by 'the emotional cost to them'?
I'd prefer such guys to stay away from me tbh.
Original post by Neil2BD
I wouldn't 'wait at the school gates'. If I hook up with a 16 year old, she more likely to be at college than school.

I take the view that my friend's relationships are none of my business. As long as they are happy and their partner treats them right, then it's their business who they date/hook up with.

In who's mind?

You asked me "What if the two people got on well and had a good relationship despite the age gap? Would you still think negatively about it then?" Th last part was in my mind. A lot of 16 year olds are still in school, some year 11's are 16, some carry on at sixth form at their current school. While their actual relationships might be none of your business, you dont know the ins and out, you will still have an opinion on it. Easy to assume your a male and most of your friends are as well, relationships aint a typical "lads" conversation, us girls it can be a high topic for us to comment on friends relationships and talk about our own relationships with our friends, so yes, while it may not be my business to know the ins and out, if my friend came to me and said "I've met someone, hes a little older" and she then told me how old I would say something.
Reply 55
Original post by Little Popcorns
Yeah right notice how you're asking for girls bang on the legal age limit. Seriously I don't care how attractive they are to you or even you are to them, engage your brain not your acing penis leave them alone they have their youth to get on with. And as you've said you don't care what people think so you're not going to care when you mess with a young girls head.

'Bang on the legal limit' is not a pedophile.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Arieisit
Age to consent means they can have sex with out minors who are also 16/17 18 whatever. 16 year olds with ****ing 33 year Olds is ****ing statutory rape idiot.

No that's not correct. It's perfectly legal for a 33 year old to have sex with a 16 year old in the UK. Get your facts right.
Original post by Neil2BD
What do you mean by 'the emotional cost to them'?
These girls should not have to contend with the sexual appetites of a man in his mid thirties. They might think they're mature enough but the majority or 16 year olds are not and should not be engaging in sex with a man of your age it's just inappropriate and unfair to expect that they will be emotionally ready for that and the aftermath of you probably making do and leaving. Young women that age want to be loved and appreciated not taken advantage of for their young flesh. :puke:Which is why you should take it upon yourself to find someone your own age.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 58
You asked me "What if the two people got on well and had a good relationship despite the age gap? Would you still think negatively about it then?" Th last part was in my mind. A lot of 16 year olds are still in school, some year 11's are 16, some carry on at sixth form at their current school. While their actual relationships might be none of your business, you dont know the ins and out, you will still have an opinion on it. Easy to assume your a male and most of your friends are as well, relationships aint a typical "lads" conversation, us girls it can be a high topic for us to comment on friends relationships and talk about our own relationships with our friends, so yes, while it may not be my business to know the ins and out, if my friend came to me and said "I've met someone, hes a little older" and she then told me how old I would say something.

It doesn't concern me if a girl I date/hook up with gossips to her friends about me. I don't concern myself with that. And I don't have 'typical lad's conversation' with my friends. I don't discuss girls I date/hook up with my friends.
Original post by Neil2BD
It doesn't concern me if a girl I date/hook up with gossips to her friends about me. I don't concern myself with that. And I don't have 'typical lad's conversation' with my friends. I don't discuss girls I date/hook up with my friends.

If you don't discuss it I am quite interested to know what your friends would think of your constant attraction to 16/17 year olds.....

Latest

Trending

Trending