The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neil2BD
I disagree. If they're learning about sex, they'd be better off learning from someone more sexually experienced than them, i.e. an older guy. He could teach them a lot.

I think you missed my point, sex is when people become vulnerable and you could be in the position to take advantage...but okay whatever gets you though the day, mate.
Reply 81
I have a challenge for all the guys here. Be real with me. No matter what age you are, the fact is you find 16 year old girls hot and attractive. **** what society thinks and just be 100% real with me here. If you're honest with yourself, you'll say that you do find them attractive. Don't lie. Don't sugarcoat the truth, just be real. At least I've had the balls to be honest about my preferences, so I challenge the rest of the guys hereto do that too.

This is nothing to be ashamed of. Men are biologically hardwired to be attracted to younger women, just as younger women are biologically hardwired to be attracted to mature guys.
Reply 82
Original post by holly1798
I think you missed my point, sex is when people become vulnerable and you could be in the position to take advantage...but okay whatever gets you though the day, mate.

You and other posters need to get over this idea that I'm 'taking advantage'. That's just a cliche you're spouting out.
This is easily the worst thread I've ever seen and I'm still wondering why OP is on this website... Will I ever get an answer?
Original post by Neil2BD
You and other posters need to get over this idea that I'm 'taking advantage'. That's just a cliche you're spouting out.

It's a cliché for a reason because it's usually the only time that 30 year olds are interested in 16 year olds, they see it as a duty to help the 16 year olds who want to have some casual sex and whatever. I don't quite believe that the thought has never come into your head even for one second that you are in the position of power over a 16/17 year old hook up and whatever you wanted they would probably do
Original post by Neil2BD
You make it sound like only the guy gets any enjoyment out of it. Lol. Young girls enjoy sex too, you know. You (and others who have replied to this thread) also make it sound like younger girls don't like older guys, but in my experience a lot of girls in that age range actually PREFER guys my age because we can offer them more maturity, more life experience and more sexual experience compared with guys their own age.

They ARE mature enough to decide who they date and have sex with without being judged about it.

Say's who?

Making do and leaving? Who said I'd do that? Another wrong assumption about me.

No sorry, that's a vast over-generalisation. Not all girls that age are looking for love, or a serious, emotionally profound relationship. Lots of girls that age just want to enjoy no strings casual sex without getting too serious with anyone.

I always appreciate any girl I date/hook up with (and they have to appreciate me too).
Surely you should be busy with work or some other grown up persuit not looking for young flesh?

You won't make many friends with your attitude. 16 is too young for you by most standards. It's not about whether they can enjoy the sex it's about their emotional capacity to protect themselves if they need to. The power imbalance there is off and it's a bit creepy.
Original post by Faithams
You've clearly missed the point lol. Nobody said 17 year olds shouldnt date. The issue is that a 16 year old and 30 something year old are at completely different stages in life mentally/emotionally. I find it so strange someone would want to date a child mid-puberty at 30+ years old. That could be the age of your own child.

Hmm, no, I was saying that if 17 year olds can date each other, why should they not be allowed to date older people..? If they're mature enough to have a relationship, why are they not old enough to have a relationship with somebody who happens to have been alive for longer? My point was that it doesn't matter that they're at different stages of life...

I don't see why it's strange lol, I'm 21 and I'm in no way attracted to women in their 30s (generally) so I can't say I'd like to date older women, but I wouldn't have a problem dating a 16 year old from an attraction point of view and I can't see that ever changing to be honest.

Well yes there is everything wrong with that, it could be seen as praying on the immaturity of those girls and taking advantage of them. I myself feel some attraction to a guy who has a few years on me, but I know my limits and I know that as a almost 17 year old I should not be dating a 33 year old. A 17 year old and 17 year old is competently different to a 17 year old and 32 year old....

Why preying on immaturity? I don't think he's trying to hook up with them because it's easier (it's really not...) but rather because he's more attracted to them.
Reply 87
It's a cliché for a reason because it's usually the only time that 30 year olds are interested in 16 year olds, they see it as a duty to help the 16 year olds who want to have some casual sex and whatever. I don't quite believe that the thought has never come into your head even for one second that you are in the position of power over a 16/17 year old hook up and whatever you wanted they would probably do

I don't see how a guy being older is automatically synonymous with him 'taking advantage of her'. In SOME cases maybe, but not ALL cases. Also, plenty of girls get taken advantage of by guys their own age too. You fail to understand these points.
Reply 88
Original post by Little Popcorns
Surely you should be busy with work or some other grown up persuit not looking for young flesh?

I can do both :wink: And what do mean by 'should'? There are no 'shoulds' or 'shouldnts' in this life (provided you stay within the law and don't hurt anyone, and who is anyone to tell anyone else what they 'should' or 'shoudln't' do?

16 is too young for you by most standards.

What do you mean 'by most standards'? I'll be the judge of that, thank you very much.

It's not about whether they can enjoy the sex it's about their emotional capacity to protect themselves if they need to.

Emotional capacity to protect themselves? What do you mean by that, and what do they need to protect themselves from exactly?

The power imbalance there is off and it's a bit creepy.

'Creepy' is a very overused word by women, a word that they often use to label something that they don't like or agree with or that fries their current reality.
Original post by Neil2BD
I don't see how a guy being older is automatically synonymous with him 'taking advantage of her'. In SOME cases maybe, but not ALL cases. Also, plenty of girls get taken advantage of by guys their own age too. You fail to understand these points.

Like another poster said, you are kind of relying on the immaturity of the teenager when you are meant to be a mature man. A teenager doesn't have the same understanding of casual sex that a 30 something year old would. If a 30 year old goes out looking for casual sex and they been a teenager also looking for it, that could be seen as taking advantage because they are a TEENAGER.
Reply 90
Like another poster said, you are kind of relying on the immaturity of the teenager when you are meant to be a mature man.

I don't 'rely on the immaturity of a teenager'. I don't know where you got that idea from. Yet another wrong assumption about me.

A teenager doesn't have the same understanding of casual sex that a 30 something year old would.

Believe me, 16 - 21 year girls know all about casual sex, especially in this day and age.

If a 30 year old goes out looking for casual sex and they been a teenager also looking for it, that could be seen as taking advantage because they are a TEENAGER.

What is your definition of 'taking advantage'? And how is an older guy hooking up with a younger girl automatically synonymous with him 'taking advantage of her'?

The replies to this thread are becoming more and more laughable....
(edited 8 years ago)
this thread is a bit odd

but as far as older people being on the site,

i'm older, originally from America, and planning on applying to British Universities in 2 years, so I joined the site to get information regarding A LEVELS,etc

OP, your insistence in this matter is what's bothering people, and the your question seems to imply that you're thinking of lying about your age to have sexual relationships with very young girls. You need to be honest about things such as this. If you like 20 year olds, and one likes you, I don't see that as an issue.

There's a difference though between early 20's and 16
Original post by Neil2BD
I don't 'rely on the immaturity of a teenager'. I don't know where you got that idea from. Yet another wrong assumption about me.

Believe me, 16 - 21 year girls know all about casual sex, especially in this day and age.

What is your definition of 'taking advantage'? And how is an older guy hooking up with a younger girl automatically synonymous with him 'taking advantage of her'?

The replies to this thread are becoming more and more laughable....

I know right? You replies keep making me chuckle at how wrong they are!

Girls at 16 may think they know about casual sex, but they don't. I thought I knew about it, my friend thought she knew. They may give off that impression that they know but they won't. You will say now that me and my friend don't represent enough but I think being 16 at the exact moment I know a lot ore about 16 year olds than your do. No, an older guy hooking up with a slightly younger girl doesn't always mean that, but it is what going on, even if it is not the intent.
Original post by Neil2BD
I can do both :wink: And what do mean by 'should'? There are no 'shoulds' or 'shouldnts' in this life (provided you stay within the law and don't hurt anyone, and who is anyone to tell anyone else what they 'should' or 'shoudln't' do?

What do you mean 'by most standards'? I'll be the judge of that, thank you very much.

Emotional capacity to protect themselves? What do you mean by that, and what do they need to protect themselves from exactly?

'Creepy' is a very overused word by women, a word that they often use to label something that they don't like or agree with or that fries their current reality.
I think you need to get over yourself mate, clearly you either had a stupidly liberal upbringing or your mummy never let you have your own way and now you're rebelling by preaching libertarian nonsense which doesn't apply in this context.

Look not hurting someone doesn't just constitute physically hurting them. Girls in that age group are impressionable and even if they seem up for it they may very well not be emotionally mature enough to make that decision and you as someone with more years on your shoulders should recognise that it's the right thing to do to leave them to make their mistakes and get on with your own grown up business. Don't interfere. You are stepping on dodgy ground. Leave them alone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 94
I think you need to get over yourself mate, clearly you either had a stupidly liberal upbringing or your mummy never let you have your own way and now you're rebelling by preaching libertarian nonsense which doesn't apply in this context.

Look not hurting someone doesn't just constitute physically hurting them. Girls in that age group are impressionable and even if they seem up for it they may very well not be emotionally mature enough to make that decision and you as someone with more years on your shoulders should recognise that it's the right thing to do to leave them to make their mistakes and get on with your own grown up business. Don't interfere. You are stepping on dodgy ground. Leave them alone.

I don't agree with any of your comments.
Original post by Neil2BD
I have a challenge for all the guys here. Be real with me. No matter what age you are, the fact is you find 16 year old girls hot and attractive. **** what society thinks and just be 100% real with me here. If you're honest with yourself, you'll say that you do find them attractive. Don't lie. Don't sugarcoat the truth, just be real. At least I've had the balls to be honest about my preferences, so I challenge the rest of the guys hereto do that too.

This is nothing to be ashamed of. Men are biologically hardwired to be attracted to younger women, just as younger women are biologically hardwired to be attracted to mature guys.

This just isn't true. I'm 21 (male) and my preference is sort of around the 20-21 mark for women. I would consider an 18 year old, but in reality most are too immature and silly to be worthwhile dating. In fact, I would prefer a 24 year old (3 years older than me) to an 18 year old (3 years younger).

I don't really consider girls younger than 18 to be datable at my age. I just can't. All of them are too cute and childlike (apart from a few who matured really quickly). I feel more inclined to look after them like a parent looks after their daughter than to have sex with them.

I also would be extremely unlikely to date someone in their 30's. Late 20's maybe, but 30's? nah.
Original post by Neil2BD
I don't agree with any of your comments.

Of course you wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
I know right? You replies keep making me chuckle at how wrong they are!

Girls at 16 may think they know about casual sex, but they don't. I thought I knew about it, my friend thought she knew. They may give off that impression that they know but they won't. You will say now that me and my friend don't represent enough but I think being 16 at the exact moment I know a lot ore about 16 year olds than your do. No, an older guy hooking up with a slightly younger girl doesn't always mean that, but it is what going on, even if it is not the intent.

So you finally admit that not all older guys are 'taking advantage' when they date a younger girl.
Original post by Neil2BD
So you finally admit that not all older guys are 'taking advantage' when they date a younger girl.

I never once said ALL OLDER GUYS I have always just said the majority.

Latest

Trending

Trending