The Student Room Group

What happens if I become a mature student during my course?

Hi,

I am curious to know what happens to my funding if I became a mature student during my studies.

For example, I begin my course at age 22 and apply for a student loan from the student loans company. On my third year I will be aged 24, do I continue getting the normal loan or must I apply for a 24+ advanced learning loan? Also, how does this effect any post-graduate study as well as undergraduate?

Thank you,
Deano :smile:
Hi there.

24+ loans are only for people studying level 3 courses and below as we do not fund those at SFE.

Your application process will always be the same for all years, you will need to provide parental income details in order to be assessed. If you turn 25 before the start of one year of your course then for that year and further years we will not need parental details as you will be assessed as independent.

Thanks.
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there.

24+ loans are only for people studying level 3 courses and below as we do not fund those at SFE.

Your application process will always be the same for all years, you will need to provide parental income details in order to be assessed. If you turn 25 before the start of one year of your course then for that year and further years we will not need parental details as you will be assessed as independent.

Thanks.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

So just to clarify, what you're saying is that once I turn 25, you asses my support based upon my own personal income?

Thank you,
Deano

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending