The Student Room Group

Messed up my application, reapply or wait until clearing?

I sent off my application to an art college in January. I was rejected from that one college which was a good thing because since then I've realised that an art course is not what I want to do.
However, this leaves me with an inappropriate personal statement and reference as they're specific to that course and college.
Should I start another application and apply for a different course or should I apply through clearing to my new choice or will they mind too much about the personal statement and reference even if I get the grades required?
Original post by Monsieur M
I sent off my application to an art college in January. I was rejected from that one college which was a good thing because since then I've realised that an art course is not what I want to do.
However, this leaves me with an inappropriate personal statement and reference as they're specific to that course and college.
Should I start another application and apply for a different course or should I apply through clearing to my new choice or will they mind too much about the personal statement and reference even if I get the grades required?

You can't start a new application in the same academic cycle, but you can fill up the unused slots at any time. Call up any places you are interested and ask if they are still accepting applications and if they are, ask if they will accept an additional personal statement from you. Write one anyway, since places in clearing may well ask for one and it's a good idea to have one ready. The only thing you have to lose by applying now is the additional fee you will be charged by Ucas to make it up to an application with five choices instead of one. You may not get anywhere, but then again, you may, and you'll be geared up for clearing at any rate.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You can't start a new application in the same academic cycle, but you can fill up the unused slots at any time. Call up any places you are interested and ask if they are still accepting applications and if they are, ask if they will accept an additional personal statement from you. Write one anyway, since places in clearing may well ask for one and it's a good idea to have one ready. The only thing you have to lose by applying now is the additional fee you will be charged by Ucas to make it up to an application with five choices instead of one. You may not get anywhere, but then again, you may, and you'll be geared up for clearing at any rate.

Good advice, thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Monsieur M
Good advice, thank you very much :smile:

You're very welcome.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending