The Student Room Group

AQA DT: Product design (3D) - PROD 3 A2 exam, June 8th -- Revision thread --

Scroll to see replies

Guys, for anyone who did well last year (or for anyone haha), how did you answer section C questions when it asks you to draw diagrams and annotate? Is it quite neat with writing being separated from the diagram, or do you just annotate the diagram whenever you feel necessary?
Reply 621
Original post by lozengerrrr
Guys, for anyone who did well last year (or for anyone haha), how did you answer section C questions when it asks you to draw diagrams and annotate? Is it quite neat with writing being separated from the diagram, or do you just annotate the diagram whenever you feel necessary?

Do it in stages and in detail.
For the design question make sure your design isn't completely different to the original design, it must be a development of the original design

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
How did everyone find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T17MA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decent, only a few questions that I didn't like as much; metal spinning and compression molding but the rest was decent
Yourself?
Original post by T17MA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surprisingly okay, definitely messed up on metal spinning but compression moulding was okay. Where was the design question on my product design paper???!!!
Reply 625
Same here. Didn't really know much about spinning metals. But overall i thought it was alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T17MA
Same here. Didn't really know much about spinning metals. But overall i thought it was alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither, I only knew the basics of it and didn't know what the parts were called as I'd never drawn it before. I liked question 6 though - it could have been worse.
Original post by A-SAP
Hey guys I'm retaking AS and doing A2.
found this online, although it's mainly for AS, it helps for overall revision:
https://getrevising.co.uk/files/documents/aqa_gce_prod1_3d_design_product_design/Product%20Design%20Revision.pdf
This should help for A2:
https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-cards/aqa_product_design_prod3
Hope this helps someone.

Hellooo, do you by any chance have any A2 notes that are in the similar format than the AS notes you posted? They were soo helpful. I've been looking and haven't found any so far, just asking if you have any! Thanks :smile:))
Does anyone have any of the past papers and mark schemes from before June 2013. The website seems to take down any papers more than three years old.
Original post by ryanbuckenham
Does anyone have any of the past papers and mark schemes from before June 2013. The website seems to take down any papers more than three years old.

I have the past paper for 2010. Sorry don't have a digital copy so have just taken a picture of it.
Original post by cat_Holmes
I have the past paper for 2010. Sorry don't have a digital copy so have just taken a picture of it.

I don't have the mark scheme though
Original post by cat_Holmes
I don't have the mark scheme though

Thank you!
Quick question, is the term 'good design' another term for 'iconic design'?
Does anyone know what could come up this year? Because there is no way in hell I will remember everything within ten days
Not really, good design isct really vague phrase for the success of a product, taking into account everything from aesthetics, function...
Iconic designs are designs which are instantly recognisable and you know what they are like a mini car or a telephine box.
Its probably quite conmon for these iconic designs to be good designs or they would not have become so iconic, but they are not always the same thing
Original post by ryanbuckenham
Not really, good design isct really vague phrase for the success of a product, taking into account everything from aesthetics, function...
Iconic designs are designs which are instantly recognisable and you know what they are like a mini car or a telephine box.
Its probably quite conmon for these iconic designs to be good designs or they would not have become so iconic, but they are not always the same thing

Oh okay, thank you:smile:
In case people didn't see when I posted this earlier, -> more papers http://www.irevise.com/A-Level/AQA/Design-and-Technology-Product-Design/Exam-Board-Papers/Free
Does anyone know of any model answers for any exam questions?
Looking at this paper extremely frustrates me, I've put so much effort into this subject and feel i know the course well but some of the questions are just stupid, I've Made notes on the last 3 chapters and im just trying to learn them off by heart.
Can anyone give me some advice on how to structure answers?

Quick Reply

Latest