The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone else going to '**** ME IT'S FRESHERS'?

Hey guys, I've just bought tickets for '**** ME IT'S FRESHERS'. Anyone else going or thinking of going? Let me know :smile:
Reply 1
Surely but do you have any links to a webpage or anything about the tickets and stuff??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by QueNNch
Surely but do you have any links to a webpage or anything about the tickets and stuff??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.
http://www.fckmeitsfresherstour.com
The sooner you buy them, the cheaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ManjSingh97
Yep.
http://www.fckmeitsfresherstour.com
The sooner you buy them, the cheaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems a bit pointless to get tickets FOUR MONTHS before uni even starts. All those promoters on the Facebook group just want your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
Seems a bit pointless to get tickets FOUR MONTHS before uni even starts. All those promoters on the Facebook group just want your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha true, but they were only £9. I'm not quite fussed tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. They're just hyping, in my experience not many people actually go to independently run freshers' events, at least not first years, and it's really overpriced too.
Reply 6
Original post by Wahrheit
This. They're just hyping, in my experience not many people actually go to independently run freshers' events, at least not first years, and it's really overpriced too.

Really? :/ overall, how did you find your freshers experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? :/ overall, how did you find your freshers experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really good fun, there's never going to be a night during freshers where you don't have anything to do, whether that's with a society taster event, SU event, etc., which is why these independently run freshers' events end up as anticlimaxes, people would rather go to stuff with new friends and often you'll get a freshers' pass anyway so it's not like you'd pay extra, so a lot of people who buy tickets to these things just don't turn up or have to go alone without new friends. At least at Warwick, can't speak for anywhere else.
Reply 8
Really good fun, there's never going to be a night during freshers where you don't have anything to do, whether that's with a society taster event, SU event, etc., which is why these independently run freshers' events end up as anticlimaxes, people would rather go to stuff with new friends and often you'll get a freshers' pass anyway so it's not like you'd pay extra, so a lot of people who buy tickets to these things just don't turn up or have to go alone without new friends. At least at Warwick, can't speak for anywhere else.

Ahh, sounds good! My brother goes to Warwick, he's a first year student. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, sounds good! My brother goes to Warwick, he's a first year student. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was studying Maths, how is your brother finding it?
I was studying Maths, how is your brother finding it?

My brother's also studying maths. He's finding alright, he says anyway. But I realise how hard Warwick Maths is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My brother's also studying maths. He's finding alright, he says anyway. But I realise how hard Warwick Maths is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I wasn't really a fan lol, had a couple of amazing lecturers but otherwise I didn't get much out the course, though a lot of that wasn't their fault at all.
Yeah I wasn't really a fan lol, had a couple of amazing lecturers but otherwise I didn't get much out the course, though a lot of that wasn't their fault at all.

Ahh I see. I heard maths at Warwick is meant to be better than Oxford maths, is that true? Also how did you find STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh I see. I heard maths at Warwick is meant to be better than Oxford maths, is that true? Also how did you find STEP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My Maths teacher at school said this to me as well, but I don't have any point of reference unfortunately, so I can't speak for Oxford. They did a lot of things right at Warwick, but there are things I would change definitely.

I found STEP pretty good to be honest, I really enjoyed it.
My Maths teacher at school said this to me as well, but I don't have any point of reference unfortunately, so I can't speak for Oxford. They did a lot of things right at Warwick, but there are things I would change definitely.

I found STEP pretty good to be honest, I really enjoyed it.

I think you're the first person I know who has enjoyed STEP tbh. Everyone else I asked said that STEP was really horrible.

What would be the things you'd change?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you're the first person I know who has enjoyed STEP tbh. Everyone else I asked said that STEP was really horrible.

What would be the things you'd change?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I loved it, really rewarding problem solving.

I would change the emphasis on memorising stuff for exams. Having to memorise definitions, proofs, etc. has nothing to do with how good you are at Maths. I was hoping for exams which were like STEP, but instead I got 'state the intermediate value theorem', or to give a proof which would take far to long to do on your own without memorisation in the middle of an exam.
Yeah I loved it, really rewarding problem solving.

I would change the emphasis on memorising stuff for exams. Having to memorise definitions, proofs, etc. has nothing to do with how good you are at Maths. I was hoping for exams which were like STEP, but instead I got 'state the intermediate value theorem', or to give a proof which would take far to long to do on your own without memorisation in the middle of an exam.

Ah I see. So are you not studying maths, currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I see. So are you not studying maths, currently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I dropped out and am going to study Economics in September :smile:
Nope I dropped out and am going to study Economics in September :smile:

Ah okay, that's great! Well I wish you the best of luck in your studies! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay, that's great! Well I wish you the best of luck in your studies! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too mate!

Quick Reply

Latest