The Student Room Group

Is my aunt going over the top or is right ?

I'm female, 29 (soon will be 30 feels crap lol) and was at a family do/party yesterday. I was playing football/just having a kick around with my cousin (he is 26) and a few of his mates as I like sport and wanted a little challenge lol. Anyway the ball ended up on the roof (it wasn't me who kicked it) and my cousin said that I used to be a good climber and that I'd probably be the best one to go and get it. There was a little alleyway between the house and garage so I sort of placed each foot on each wall and climbed up then pulled myself onto the roof. My cousin was climbing up behind me. I was careful and I'm only light but I accidently broke a tile, it must have been weak or something as I've never broken a tile before. I had trainer like boots on they were flat as I don't like wearing heels.

Anyway a week later my cousins mum keeps saying things about it to my family and says I was out of order. She said that I'm supposed to be a mature adult my mum pointed out that my cousin (her son) climbed up too and has broken things at other parties and she said 'yeh but he is 26 he's just a daft lad still'. I didn't see it like that though, there's only 3 years difference so why can't I just be a daft woman lol. I've always thought of my cousin as being about the same age as me since we where teenagers :/ Is it her going over the top or is she right?
She's going over the top, sounds like she feels guilty and is trying to put the blame on you

Posted from TSR Mobile
She is being over the top. There's only 3 years difference between you guys. Why should his behaviour be excused simply because he's 3 years younger? He's 26 ffs. He's meant to be a grown man.
Reply 3
No she is completely right, apologise to her
How was the damage to the roof repaired? Who had to organise the work and pay for it?

Seems to me like she's more pissed at the damage rather than who caused it and also that this has opened up some old unresolved family rifts with the roof incident acting as a catalyst.
Reply 5
Original post by godivaontherocks
She is being over the top. There's only 3 years difference between you guys. Why should his behaviour be excused simply because he's 3 years younger? He's 26 ffs. He's meant to be a grown man.

lol why are you getting angry at the 26 yr old?
Original post by db_F40
lol why are you getting angry at the 26 yr old?

Lol I'm not angry. I just don't see why he gets to break things at parties but gets excused for being a 'daft 26 year old lad' while she has to behave all grown up for people.
Reply 7
Original post by godivaontherocks
Lol I'm not angry. I just don't see why he gets to break things at parties but gets excused for being a 'daft 26 year old lad' while she has to behave all grown up for people.

I see what you mean, sounds kinda sh!t amirite?

Aunt is probably living in a backwards world
Reply 8
Original post by uberteknik
How was the damage to the roof repaired? Who had to organise the work and pay for it?

Seems to me like she's more pissed at the damage rather than who caused it and also that this has opened up some old unresolved family rifts with the roof incident acting as a catalyst.

I've given some money for it because I did it, I've no problem with this it is fair enough. It's just stuff that my aunt is saying.
Original post by db_F40
I see what you mean, sounds kinda sh!t amirite?

Aunt is probably living in a backwards world

I'll say. I'm a 26 year old girl but I'll bet no one would ever attempt to justify any bad behaviour on my part in this way. I know 21 year old guys who don't go around breaking **** all over the place at parties. That aunt is clearly just siding with her son.
26 and 29 is the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Am I the only one that has a dirty mind, read the title again :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending