The Student Room Group

Too old for freshers? BE HONEST

I am deciding whether to go to some freshers events in September, but I'm unsure whether it will be weird, as I will be almost 25 when we start...

I am going to UoN and I already went to uni before, to Notts Trent, so already experienced it once- in the same city! It was BRILLIANT and I do like to party.

What are opinions- would you do a second fresher's week? Would you feel weird with a 25 year old fresher? Be honest :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Nope, I was 20 during freshers but I knew people who were around 24/25 that blended in perfectly, I think around 27 is where there is an obvious difference.
Reply 2
Original post by StaticVoid
Nope, I was 20 during freshers but I knew people who were around 24/25 that blended in perfectly, I think around 27 is where there is an obvious difference.

Ah that's reassuring to know! I don't think I look too old. I don't wanna go to all the events, just a few so I can blend in a little and make some friends :smile:
Lol no. I'm 25 and will be a fresher again when I'm 26 -I'll be making the most of it! I was on a course full of mature students (25+) when I was 18 and had a better time with them than when I was a fresher with people my own age. Enjoy yourself - age is just a number!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As long as you don't physically look seriously older or act way too mature, i don't see any problem with doing another fresher
Reply 5
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Lol no. I'm 25 and will be a fresher again when I'm 26 -I'll be making the most of it! I was on a course full of mature students (25+) when I was 18 and had a better time with them than when I was a fresher with people my own age. Enjoy yourself - age is just a number!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a feeling a lot of mine will be mature too (nursing). I just didn't wanna be the only one who'd signed up to freshers haha! I like the idea of experiencing freshers at both the Nottingham unis too
:awesome:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Audiology-Med
As long as you don't physically look seriously older or act way too mature, i don't see any problem with doing another fresher

My photo is on my profile...do I look old?

Spoiler

You're not too old to enjoy yourself, so by all means go out whenever you want.

There will clearly be large differences between yourself and the average fresher aged 18/19 however.
Original post by KittyAnneR

Spoiler

You don't look old! I'd guess 22/23 based solely of the photo :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Conzy210
You're not too old to enjoy yourself, so by all means go out whenever you want.

There will clearly be large differences between yourself and the average fresher aged 18/19 however.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about
Awh cheers :colondollar:
Original post by contradicta
You don't look old! I'd guess 22/23 based solely of the photo :smile:
Never too old hun! I was 23 and went to some of the less ' hardcore' events (only because I have two kids, not because of my age) but there were people way older than me. Do what makes you happy. The younger ones may value your drinking experience :wink: xx
Original post by xcourtniex
Never too old hun! I was 23 and went to some of the less ' hardcore' events (only because I have two kids, not because of my age) but there were people way older than me. Do what makes you happy. The younger ones may value your drinking experience :wink: xx

Haha, thanks for your response! Yeah I guess so, I will show em how it's done :wink:
Lol it's weird you should ask this I was thinking the same yesterday lol however im 27 but according to most people I don't look it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by linnyloo87
Lol it's weird you should ask this I was thinking the same yesterday lol however im 27 but according to most people I don't look it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now, seeing you ask the wuestion I would tel, you to go for it! So I suppose I answered my own question. What will you be studying?
Now, seeing you ask the wuestion I would tel, you to go for it! So I suppose I answered my own question. What will you be studying?

I'll be studying biomedical science you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by linnyloo87
I'll be studying biomedical science you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mental health nursing :smile:

Spoiler

I'd say you look about 21/22. Which is young obvs, cos I;m 22 :tongue: I'm not old :huff:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'd say you look about 21/22. Which is young obvs, cos I;m 22 :tongue: I'm not old :huff:

I'll take that
Mental health nursing :smile:

How strange I did a year and a half of that before realising it wasn't for me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest