The Student Room Group

Red Edtion Zetec S Fiesta first car

Hey guys I'm looking at the new red and black edition zetec S fiestas that recently came out

Their 16k and it will be my first car but I will have it for 4+ years probally and I'll be buying it on finance

Does anyone know how much you reckon it will be on finance a month ? It's only £120 on insurance even tho it's a dear car because it's got the new rcoboost engine but I have no idea how much it will be a month on finance as my friend has pre ordered one and says it's 170 a month for 3 years but that doesn't = 16k so how does that work ?
Reply 1
Original post by BORLAND95
my friend has pre ordered one and says it's 170 a month for 3 years but that doesn't = 16k so how does that work ?

He's leasing it.
Reply 2
After 3 years your friend will likely have the option to pay out the rest of the money owed on the car (sometimes called a balloon payment) or hand it back :smile:

As above poster said, they're likely leasing the car.
Without a doubt there is a balloon payment at the end.

A good deal if you feel that you must have the latest cars :smile:
Reply 4
Do I need to pay the payment at the end or can I trade it in for something else in like 3 years I don't really understand that part
Reply 5
Original post by SP0TIFY
After 3 years your friend will likely have the option to pay out the rest of the money owed on the car (sometimes called a balloon payment) or hand it back :smile:

As above poster said, they're likely leasing the car.

So your kind of paying money to borrow a car ? At the end will I be down about 7k just to borrow a fiesta then hand it back or does the money come off the next car ?
You pay for the depreciation. So no, the money you paid will not come off a new car.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending