The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology B2 (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here know about the advantages and disadvantages of the human genome project, like a 6 mark question answer.
thanks.
Anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of the human genome project, like a 6 mark question answer?
thanks.
Reply 42
Its not that hard right? You just write the advantages and disadvantages and that's about it, it's only 6 marks so don't be too worried

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I am stressing!!
Also when you guys say that a question about human genome project can come up what do you mean? So you just tak about the advantages and disadvantages?
Reply 45
How did it gooooo???
That was really easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
I know riightttt, I'm so gladdd yayyy
I thought some of the questions were dodgy. Like the 6 marker on fossils. You couldnt write much about it. What did you guys write?
I'm glad edexcel didn't make this one hard like that maths one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gcses2015
I thought some of the questions were dodgy. Like the 6 marker on fossils. You couldnt write much about it. What did you guys write?

Wrote about how soft tissue organism decay and don't turn into fossils. Was it a six mark I can't remember proply but I'm sure it wasnt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
But like the core exam, they might only make physics hard I'm guessing
That was actually easy! What did you guya write for the advantages of the red blood cell not having a nucleus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teresacasero
That was actually easy! What did you guya write for the advantages of the red blood cell not having a nucleus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Answer was that it allows more space for the haemoglobin to carry oxygen
Reply 54
Yuppp I did too

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was the exam, guys?
Can somebody help me please? I wasn't entirely sure I was writing about the right thing on the last 6 marker so wasn't as confident in what I was saying. Turns out I was writing about the right thing, but because I wasnt sure, I forgot to mention key words and further information. Here is (roundabout) what I put. Could somebody estimate at how many marks I would get for this please?

The nucleus, containing the genetic info, is taken from a cell of the glow in the dark beagle, while an empty egg cell is taken from another beagle. The nucleus and egg cell are put together, then stimulated to allow the cell to divide by mitosis. These cells are then inserted into another beagle (surrogate) in order to give birth to a clone, genetically identical to that of which the nucleus was taken from.
Original post by anisha1999
Can somebody help me please? I wasn't entirely sure I was writing about the right thing on the last 6 marker so wasn't as confident in what I was saying. Turns out I was writing about the right thing, but because I wasnt sure, I forgot to mention key words and further information. Here is (roundabout) what I put. Could somebody estimate at how many marks I would get for this please?

The nucleus, containing the genetic info, is taken from a cell of the glow in the dark beagle, while an empty egg cell is taken from another beagle. The nucleus and egg cell are put together, then stimulated to allow the cell to divide by mitosis. These cells are then inserted into another beagle (surrogate) in order to give birth to a clone, genetically identical to that of which the nucleus was taken from.

That's right.
Original post by gcses2015
That's right.

Thank you! Do you know how many marks I would get out of 6 for it?
Reply 59
Tbh you probably would get 6 marks for that xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending