The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology B2 (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
It was good, how did you find it?
Original post by Habzyy
It was good, how did you find it?

That exam was odd. Not entirely difficult, just odd. The first six marker was more like 4 marks and the protein synthesis question was more like a six marker. The second six marker was a gift, especially when you consider it came up 2 years ago. The heart question was vile and the diagram was dreadful. But, apart from that, it was bearable...

Expected Grade Boundaries:

A* 48
A 41
B 34
C 27
D 20
Reply 62
I literally agree with every thing you said bruhhh. And thanks for the grade boundaries but don't you think they're a bit low?
Original post by HarryKane28
That exam was odd. Not entirely difficult, just odd. The first six marker was more like 4 marks and the protein synthesis question was more like a six marker. The second six marker was a gift, especially when you consider it came up 2 years ago. The heart question was vile and the diagram was dreadful. But, apart from that, it was bearable...

Expected Grade Boundaries:

A* 48
A 41
B 34
C 27
D 20

Hey, I agree with you. The first topic was so odd. What was the guard cells about about? I was so confused. The question about fossils was weird aswell cuz there was not much to write about.
Original post by Habzyy
I literally agree with every thing you said bruhhh. And thanks for the grade boundaries but don't you think they're a bit low?

Not sure but this exam was better than maths. Maths was so hard!! It even came up on the news lol. I was so upset that digestive system didn't come up cuz I actually revised that. Fml.
Reply 65
Maths was really hard and I knew about guard cells, it was about stomata and stuff right?
Original post by Habzyy
Maths was really hard and I knew about guard cells, it was about stomata and stuff right?

Thats what i thought. But dont stomata say open in warm day so co2 and o2 can go in and out and they stay closed at night to reduce water loss? But it was the other way around so I was confused what were the guard cells for?
Original post by Habzyy

Maths was disgusting. The paper was very unfamiliar. Simultaneous equations, Histograms, circle theorems, inequality, standard form, frequency polygons, drawing straight lines. None of these capme up. I was so annoyed.
Reply 68
Simultaneous equations with quadratic could come p on calculator so keep an eye out haha. I found it fine tbh, I saw the mark scheme too and I think I've done pretty well hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah overall it was a good exam! But I made some pretty silly mistakes looking back, but oh well. Hopefully we all did good in sha allah.
Reply 70
Yeaaah I guess, and insha Allah we get those A's haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
Simultaneous equations with quadratic could come p on calculator so keep an eye out haha. I found it fine tbh, I saw the mark scheme too and I think I've done pretty well hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahah spot on (it was a circle but eh) still a quadratic equation simultaneous equation!
Reply 72
I did really bad in maths
Original post by Habzyy
I did really bad in maths

How was chemistry? I found it soooo easy! It was tge easiest paper I've ever done! I was unsure about one balancing equation, the one about hydrocarbons. And you know the first question that said what ion gives out the flame colour orange-red, was it calcium?
Reply 74
I FOUND IT SO EASY MANNN, and yeah I got calcium haha
Original post by Habzyy
I FOUND IT SO EASY MANNN, and yeah I got calcium haha

And you know the other multiple choice question, it had a list of reactions like displacement, neutralisation and cant remember the rest but was it displacement? And what did yiu write for the last 6 marker?
Guys any predictions for P2? I m most worried about P2.
Reply 77
I did displacement cause the title of the topic was halogens and I was like halogens do the whole displacement thing. Idek I liked the six markers though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
I'm extremely worried for P2, we're just going to have to try our best haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Habzyy
I'm extremely worried for P2, we're just going to have to try our best haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Truss. I am ****tin myself lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending