The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Accommodation

Im a student from Hong Kong and i've applied to study at the university of surrey for hospitality and tourism management and soon i'm going to be applying for my accommodation and I was just wondering what the best one would be?

Manor park, Bellerby Court, Twyford Court, University Court, Millennium House or International House?

I would prefer to live somewhere that is walking distance from the campus. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Original post by tanya.bh
Im a student from Hong Kong and i've applied to study at the university of surrey for hospitality and tourism management and soon i'm going to be applying for my accommodation and I was just wondering what the best one would be?

Manor park, Bellerby Court, Twyford Court, University Court, Millennium House or International House?

I would prefer to live somewhere that is walking distance from the campus. Any suggestions?

Hello,
As you have picked the accommodations which all contain Band D rooms, I thought I should let you know that you cant specify which court you would like to be in, as you select your preference by the Band of room.

In relation to their location, except Manor Park and Bellerby Court, all of the others are on the main Stag Hill campus - so minimal walking distance to lectures.
Manor Park and Bellerby are also within walking distance, but its about 15-20 minutes depending how quick you walk. I lived at Manor Park last year, and I didn't find the walk a problem - so don't let the walk put you off.

Hope this has helped
Faye
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Fward
Hello,
As you have picked the accommodations which all contain Band D rooms, I thought I should let you know that you cant specify which court you would like to be in, as you select your preference by the Band of room.

In relation to their location, except Manor Park and Bellerby Court, all of the others are on the main Stag Hill campus - so minimal walking distance to lectures.
Manor Park and Bellerby are also within walking distance, but its about 15-20 minutes depending how quick you walk. I lived at Manor Park last year, and I didn't find the walk a problem - so don't let the walk put you off.

Hope this has helped
Faye

Hey Faye,
Thank you so much this has been really helpful. I was just wondering which one is closer to the city area and stores (Tescos, markets etc). Manor Park or Stag Hill?
Manor Park is 5mins away from Tesco, and 10-15mins from stag hill. Town is 15mins from stag hill in the opposite direction, so quite a distance from manor park. However, there are frequent buses (every 10mins) from manor park to stag hill to town, so its really easy to get around wherever you are. Plus there is an awesome fruit and veg market on stag hill on Thursday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending