The Student Room Group

Leaving a job with no notice

Hi,

I have had a contract at a certain fashion store since 11th may, and it is absolutely awful, they made me work straight after I got off a plane on a day I had requested as a holiday and they are so rude and unhelpful. I can leave with no notice as I have only been working there a couple of weeks and was wondering if it is too unprofessional to just not turn up again? I dread going back there
Original post by countmysins_
Hi,

I have had a contract at a certain fashion store since 11th may, and it is absolutely awful, they made me work straight after I got off a plane on a day I had requested as a holiday and they are so rude and unhelpful. I can leave with no notice as I have only been working there a couple of weeks and was wondering if it is too unprofessional to just not turn up again? I dread going back there

Of course it's unprofessional, but you can do it. You almost certainly won't get a reference though. Just email or phone and resign.
Original post by threeportdrift
Of course it's unprofessional, but you can do it. You almost certainly won't get a reference though. Just email or phone and resign.

I agree.
If you dont want to put it on your CV, and dont want a reference from them, then just phone up and resign.
But otherwise the decent thing to do would be to give a couple of weeks notice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending