The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

how much over?
net-a-porter has a few nice things for under GBP 100 - some of the chandelier earrings are very nice
how about a nice bracelet or perhaps a nice piece of clothing she wants
Diamonds are a girl's best friend :wink: You can get soemthing small for 30-40 quid.
Perfume.. a nice set like givenchy - very irresistable or cool water game.

What about a mix bag.. so you get her a fave dvd, some makeup like a nice lipgloss or mascara, some nice nickers, a pretty top, a fave cd, a pretty ring/bracelet.

Hope I helped.
Reply 5
Thankyou guys. To the first two replies, I said she doesn't want anything like clothes, jewellery etc, but thanx.

Strange Beautiful - Yeh I was thinking to do something like what you suggested, but I'm struggling to think of what sorts of things to put in there. Thanx!

Anymore suggestions will be greatly appreciated :biggrin:
My friends got me a theatre ticket for dirty dancing. I very much love them for it. =]
adamcleland15
Diamonds are a girl's best friend :wink: You can get soemthing small for 30-40 quid.

diamonds for 40? how?!
Reply 8
Well I'm currently having the same problem with my girlfriend- still didn't find her a... christmas present *blush* =P
It really depends on the girl though:
Maybe she would like a nice perfume, a CD of a band she likes, a DVD of her favourite series, concert tickets, a nice necklace, something to do with one of her habbits (like a nice cigarette box or lighter if she smokes) or maybe she would be really happy about a cute teddy :redface:
You will have to see what matches the best to her :smile: Good luck and hopefully I will soon find something as well *bad boyfriend* :frown:
Reply 9
Thing is, what do you know about her that not so many do? That's how me and my best friend tend to shop for each other. You have to think of that and take advantage of it.

What I tend to do is something personal, something material, and something edible :smile:

Eg, for New Years I got my best mate tix to ice skating at Somerset House cos I knew she'd wanted to go for ages; got her a Family Guy dvd; and bought her chocolate fudge cake, lol, and chips on the way home... :wink:

Also, salon treatments. Eg body scrubs, Turkish baths [Ironmonger Row do them and you can buy massages in conjunction], manicures/facials/pedicures/Decleor sun blush... the list goes on. I love it when people buy me treatment vouchers or take me to the salon :smile: Plenty under £30/40, esp. the Ironmonger Turkish baths.

So yeah... the most I've ever spent is £40.
Reply 10
Ninstro has a clever rule of thumb, that might be worth trying to follow.
Perfume is a good choice; which girls don't like perfume, and it's in the price range.
DVDs and CDs are always a hit, and its pretty easy to find out what they like at the minute. That's quite a bit below the price range though, maybe a DVD boxset? They are around that price.
ninstro
Thing is, what do you know about her that not so many do? That's how me and my best friend tend to shop for each other. You have to think of that and take advantage of it.

What I tend to do is something personal, something material, and something edible :smile:

Eg, for New Years I got my best mate tix to ice skating at Somerset House cos I knew she'd wanted to go for ages; got her a Family Guy dvd; and bought her chocolate fudge cake, lol, and chips on the way home... :wink:

Also, salon treatments. Eg body scrubs, Turkish baths [Ironmonger Row do them and you can buy massages in conjunction], manicures/facials/pedicures/Decleor sun blush... the list goes on. I love it when people buy me treatment vouchers or take me to the salon :smile: Plenty under £30/40, esp. the Ironmonger Turkish baths.

So yeah... the most I've ever spent is £40.
Sounds nice.
Reply 12
Sounds nice.

'Tis. :smile:
ninstro
'Tis. :smile:
Take me. :smile:
Reply 14
Take her out for a really nice meal! I'm 17 next week, I'd love that :smile:.
Reply 15
Take me. :smile:

Lol! I read that in completely the wrong way.

Yes, wrong.
ninstro
Lol! I read that in completely the wrong way.

Yes, wrong.
:rofl:!!
lil one
Hey guys
I need help, it's one of my close friends 17th soon, and I have no idea what to get her. She has quite a bit of stuff already, and I know she won't want the standard clothes, jewellery etc..so any ideas will be much appreciated. Budget - £30 but willing to go a bit over.
+rep to the best suggestions
Thankyou x

Hmm...Depends really on what type of person she is. Care to share some info about her...her likes, dislikes, sense of humor(if any), girly girl, tomboy-ish etc...

And how close are you? As in are childhood buddies etc...Because if she is, then it'll have to be special...
Reply 18
Thankyou everyone :smile: some really good ideas

Muhiba - Yeh shes one of my closest friends, i've known her since 11, but i've always been very close to her so I have to get her something nice. Shes very like me lol, quite girly girl, but all the stuff you'd get for a girly girl she kinda already has. So its very difficult to buy her stuff.
well my birthday was on saturday and one of my friends got me a cake with my face on it! she got it from tescos! its the most embarrassing picture of me ever but it's so so funny. you give them a digital photo and they print it on to edible paper for the icing. she also made me a personal birthday card with loads of photos and a story called "a day in the life of rachel" (me) and i laughed so much i cried tears. this kind of stuff is priceless!

Latest

Trending

Trending