The Student Room Group

Stuck on revision

For the last months been doing loads of revision like 6 hours a day for 3-4 months, but in the last few days been getting really stuck and just cant revise, been getting low scores in past papers and just not really getting anything, worried now cause its so close to exams, help!?!?!?
I do Maths, Physics and Geography
Reply 1
Six hours a day?! That's insane! Maybe you just over exerted yourself? Maybe try doing half that - three hours a day and see how you get on?
Original post by sebanthony
For the last months been doing loads of revision like 6 hours a day for 3-4 months, but in the last few days been getting really stuck and just cant revise, been getting low scores in past papers and just not really getting anything, worried now cause its so close to exams, help!?!?!?
I do Maths, Physics and Geography

If you have done that much revision properly over 3-4 months, you will be getting 100% in past papers. What type of revision are you doing? Are you doing notes or past papers.
Reply 3
Original post by Jai Sandhu
If you have done that much revision properly over 3-4 months, you will be getting 100% in past papers. What type of revision are you doing? Are you doing notes or past papers.

ive just been going over trying to memorise notes and do all the past papers, going to cut down and just try and focus on quality revision now
Original post by sebanthony
ive just been going over trying to memorise notes and do all the past papers, going to cut down and just try and focus on quality revision now

Notes do not do much in terms of revision in my opinion along with my teachers. If you really want to get the most out of revision do past papers, see what the mark schemes want you to say, rinse and repeat, it may be boring but it is far more productive than making notes and highlighting etc, just do past paper after past paper after past paper and you will be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Notes do not do much in terms of revision in my opinion along with my teachers. If you really want to get the most out of revision do past papers, see what the mark schemes want you to say, rinse and repeat, it may be boring but it is far more productive than making notes and highlighting etc, just do past paper after past paper after past paper and you will be fine.

Thanks very mcuh ill give it a go! About to do a 2 and a half hour geography paper now :/

Quick Reply

Latest