The Student Room Group

Help LSE and UoL student: Reviews on Lillian Penson Hall

Hello,

Two quick questions.

A. I got into LSE and have been assigned the Lillian Penson Hall for accommodation. Any reviews on the quality of services provided there and basically, a general overview of the place would be really nice.

I have been hearing mixed reviews about it. Some people say its nice and quiet out there, but I have also read that there is a "rat problem" there. Not looking forward to that. Also they don't have a kitchen which absolutely sucks, since I won't be able to cook.

2. Should I apply for private accommodation instead? If yes, which are the best private accommodation services or hostels near LSE? Ones that are affordable, please.

Thanks.
I am in the same situation but I have accepted my place at lillian penson. I've been told there is a possibility to swap accommodation with someone however you have to find the, yourself and reach an agreement. It seems to be quite a distance from LSE so I might look into swapping.
Anyone staying in LPH and have any reviews, positive or negative, about it?
Original post by fizzabangash
Hello,

Two quick questions.

A. I got into LSE and have been assigned the Lillian Penson Hall for accommodation. Any reviews on the quality of services provided there and basically, a general overview of the place would be really nice.

I have been hearing mixed reviews about it. Some people say its nice and quiet out there, but I have also read that there is a "rat problem" there. Not looking forward to that. Also they don't have a kitchen which absolutely sucks, since I won't be able to cook.

2. Should I apply for private accommodation instead? If yes, which are the best private accommodation services or hostels near LSE? Ones that are affordable, please.

Thanks.

Like any other hall, how quiet it is around your room is dependent on those living around you. Lillian Penson is catered, so there are no cooking facilities and you're not allowed to cook in your room (using an electric hob or rice cooker). Unfortunately last year we did spot some mice around the dining hall area in the basement.

That being said, if you've accepted your offer already and change your mind, I'm willing to take over your contract (I've got some friends living nearby and managed to survive a year).
Forgot to mention. The food is quite bad- think dry, bland, tasteless. On the first day you'll think it's pretty decent, but by the end of the month you'll be looking for opportunities to eat out every day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending