The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B Unit 1 paper

What do you guys think will be on the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Hi, I am doing the same paper on Monday 1st June. However, I am doing different topics. The topics that I am doing are: The origins of World War One, Peace-making and the League of Nations and the Origins of World War Two. I am doing okay with my revision, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any predictions of what might come up? Also, do you have any tips to secure an A/A*?

Original post by Cal1999

Hi, I am doing the same paper on Monday 1st June. However, I am doing different topics. The topics that I am doing are: The origins of World War One, Peace-making and the League of Nations and the Origins of World War Two. I am doing okay with my revision, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any predictions of what might come up? Also, do you have any tips to secure an A/A*?

I'm doing these topics as well! One tip is to make sure you write about the provenance as well as the context of a source bc it's easy to forget :smile:
Reply 3
Okay, great! So, that's just analysing the source? What exactly is the provenance? Do you have any predictions for what might come up?
I'm doing the AQA paper on 1st June, if you are doing the Peace Making topic, just be aware that the Treaty of Versailles may be also called Paris Peace Conference. It's just a small thing to trip students up, but is exactly the same thing. :u::u:
Reply 5
Original post by BlueRose20
I'm doing the AQA paper on 1st June, if you are doing the Peace Making topic, just be aware that the Treaty of Versailles may be also called Paris Peace Conference. It's just a small thing to trip students up, but is exactly the same thing. :u::u:

Hey, what topics for paper 1 are you doing?
@Cal1999 I'm doing Causes of WW1, Peace Making and Hitler's Foregin Policy
Reply 7
Causes of WW1
Peace Making
Hitler's Foregin Policy

Great, the exact same! PM me please 😊
@Cal1999 I'm doing Causes of WW1, Peace Making and Hitler's Foregin Policy

I'm doing the exact same thing, how are you feeling about it?
Reply 9
Original post by LibraPower
I'm doing the exact same thing, how are you feeling about it?

Quite nervous and not prepared. PM me if you like 😊
Im doing peacemaking, hitler's foreign policy and origins of the cold war.
I was doing a past paper for Hitler's foreign policy and was wondering if any of you know if i can bring some knowledge from hitler's germany in unit 2 and still get marks for it?
Reply 11
I am doing- Origins Of WW1, Peacemaking and Origins Of WW2. Does anyone have any prediction or Tips on how to revise well as none of it seems to be going in!!?
Reply 12
Original post by Cal1999

I'm doing the exact same topics :biggrin:
A good website/app to use is Memrise. I've been using it for a while now and it's good for History and the topics I am doing.

It tests your memory on different topics and helps you remember it.

It's extremely helpful for people who don't know how to revise properly, are nearly always on their phone/computer and have short memory because you can literally just go and spend a few minutes on it and you learn a huge chunk of information.

There's also other subjects on it, but I found History to be the most helpful.
Is anyone doing Origins, Crises and Collapse of the Cold War??
Reply 15
Original post by ThatGurl
I'm doing the exact same topics :biggrin:

What do you think will come up
Hi all,

I have made a thread for Monday's exam. Please visit it as it will prove to be beneficial.
Hopefully, we can get this thread up and running - so comment and share.

Thank you!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3364167
Reply 17
watch 'arkvega' on youtube and his videos and take notes, he's absolutely amazing, my teacher always used to put his videos up!
Reply 18
Original post by Chlodog
What do you think will come up

I have no idea, that's why I made this thread haha
Reply 19
Original post by ThatGurl
I have no idea, that's why I made this thread haha

I'm hoping Manchuria and Abyssinan Crisis
Moroccan Crisis, Schlieffen Plan and Alliance system
Rhineland, Czechslovakia.

Quick Reply

Latest