The Student Room Group

How do I make myself look older?

I'm tired of being told I looking ****ing 12 all the time! I'm actually 17 but I wanna look either my age or even older.

I'll PM pics of what I look like now you want to give me specific advice.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I'll have to see to give advice aha
Reply 2
Frown constantly and use a ruler to score wrinkles into your skin.

Get some glasses, many older people need them :wink:

Dye parts of hair white or grey (or all of it if you want)

Wear long dresses with flowers on them, cardigans, bonnets ect.

Hope this helps :smile:
Wear some makeup
Get a new haircut?
Wear some more "grown-up" clothes

But don't be pissed at looking younger than you are, it probably means you're going to look younger than you are when you get older :tongue:
Use the oldify app :wink:
Send me a pic :smile:
Reply 6
I wanna see you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heroine
Meth
I'll give you advice. I'm an artist I'm good at this stuff :mario:
I PM'ed everyone who asked >.<
Original post by jedanselemyia
Wear some makeup
Get a new haircut?
Wear some more "grown-up" clothes

But don't be pissed at looking younger than you are, it probably means you're going to look younger than you are when you get older :tongue:

What is classed as "grown up" clothes?
Original post by ilovereading
What is classed as "grown up" clothes?

A lot of things, really! Nice tops with lace, see through sleeves for example. Skirts and dresses too.
Original post by jedanselemyia
A lot of things, really! Nice tops with lace, see through sleeves for example. Skirts and dresses too.

Thanks!
My first instinct would be to say heavy make up. I look like a lot younger without it and dress well. I'd avoid sort of floaty dresses, converse and t shirts etc and maybe go for some bright ballot pumps, skinny jeans and a nice top (poss with a blazer if you are going out).
Cut your hair. Shorter hair makes everyone look older.
Reply 15
Original post by ilovereading
I'm tired of being told I looking ****ing 12 all the time! I'm actually 17 but I wanna look either my age or even older.

I'll PM pics of what I look like now you want to give me specific advice.

Thanks!

So many of my friends are like that and are always mistaken for a 12 year old. :biggrin:

They had started by fixing their posture, wearing trendy clothes and boots to make themselves seem taller, and applying make-up properly. But what made the most difference was the way they talk: it's more mature and sound less high pitched than before.

Edit: Please don't put a lot of make-up on, it will make you look as if you are trying way too hard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Good clean makeup. Boots with small heels. Curly hair. Skinny jeans. Boyfriend cut coat.

Stay away from leather jackets, high waisted jeans, vans converse etc, straight hair. These are all the trade marks of wannabe Zoella's (eg young girls)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest