The Student Room Group

What to do?

My average grade in school is a C, however, in English it's a B...
I don't think I will pass maths at grade C if I did, it'd probably be a miracle.
So far I've applied for:-
English Lit&Lang(combined), World Development, History of Art, Philosophy
I'm really unsure whether I will find these too difficult; the A levels altogether difficult - no matter what subjects I've chosen.
I wish to pursue an English or International Business degree.
I'm considering the A levels listed above OR level 3 business diploma + English A level.
What would you do if you were me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Caver
My average grade in school is a C, however, in English it's a B...
I don't think I will pass maths at grade C if I did, it'd probably be a miracle.
So far I've applied for:-
English Lit&Lang, World Development, History of Art, Philosophy
I'm really unsure whether I will find these too difficult; the A levels altogether difficult - no matter what subjects I've chosen.
I wish to pursue an English or International Business degree.
I'm considering the A levels listed above OR level 3 business diploma + English A level.
What would you do if you were me?

So that's 5 a levels right? If so I really wouldn't encourage that, in AS I did 4 A levels and I was an A grade student at GCSE and I found 4 a levels hard. A levels are a big jump and I know people always say that but they are seriously difficult. Personally I wouldn't take English literature with only a B grade it seems quiet difficult, philosophy also appears hard but I never did it so I wouldn't know. I know nothing about your other a level choices because I've never done them so there's not much I can say there but if I were you I'd probably go for the level 3 business diploma if it's something you're also passionate about. You could go for your a level choices but that will be hard it'll require a lot of work and exams are going linear so it'll be even harder. Ask other people if your still unsure, ask some teachers they would most likely give you good advice

Quick Reply

Latest