The Student Room Group

Would you send your children to a school as diverse as this?

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I would never even live in Birmingham in the first place.
Reply 2
im a brummie and this will become very common soon but I'd try my best to send my schools with as many british kids as possible
Reply 3
The languages they speak are different variations of the same original language. That's not really impressive tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, but this is a school just for learners of English as a second language.
The school is rated as outstanding by Ofsted so, yes, I'd send my children there.

How is this a news story?
Reply 6
The kids look happy, so yeah why not?
Hmm. Some people can learn how to say simple phrases in other people's languages whilst trying to communicate with them, while they ALL learn how to speak English. The same could be said for an English speaking child: they will learn the languages of other people as they try to communicate with them while they are learning English.

Therefore.. why not?
Diverse? I'm betting that 90% of the school's kids are South Asian. Thats not exactly diverse.
I think it's only rated as outstanding as they make good transition into learning english.
They all look like gumps.
are all these languages able to be understood by anyone from pakistan as they are all related languages
Of course hope my children can learn as many languages and cultures as possible. How are they going to do business with some of the largest economies in the world? China/India.
Aw just clicked on the article, the kids are really cute.

Ethnic minorities are an asset to this country! No wonder London, Birmingham is thriving. And the racist working classes are falling behind, enjoy your benefit cuts July 8th Haha
I speak numerous languages myself to yes, I would be happy to send my kids to school there.
Original post by Guy Secretan
I think it's only rated as outstanding as they make good transition into learning english.

I'm not sure that's how Ofsted ratings work. Schools have to pass certain 'tests', if you like. If it were doing badly as a school and not preparing the children well across all areas and subjects, it would not be classed as outstanding.
Original post by mogwai98
I'm not sure that's how Ofsted ratings work. Schools have to pass certain 'tests', if you like. If it were doing badly as a school and not preparing the children well across all areas and subjects, it would not be classed as outstanding.

it says in the article that the exam performance is average
P.S The most diverse schools in Birmingham are some of the best. LOL.
Yusrah Butt is definitely gonna get bullied at school as she is ugly
I went to two very diverse schools in Birmingham and do very well both academically and socially as a result, I'd actively seek out a similar school for my kids if I had any.

Quick Reply

Latest