The Student Room Group

Do you have a memory for every year that you've lived?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maradiah
I remember **** all mate. Who cares.

I care :console:
Original post by Boundless_x
I care :console:

I can't be bothered to type my life history that's all.
Original post by Maradiah
I can't be bothered to type my life history that's all.

Fair enough, was probably boring anyways.

Just kidding :tongue:
Not sure about my first few years. I vaguely remember crawling around the house and seeing the baby gate on the stairs, I think that's my first memory. No idea how old I was.

Can't always remember anything major, but these are the ones that stick out.

3 - I can remember my grandma used to walk me down to preschool on a morning.
4 - I remember being told off and losing my play time for climbing through the window of this toy house (we had this play area for reception year only).
5 - started year 1 of primary school in September (turned 5 in May that year). Can't remember anything specific off the top of my head.
6 - got a plum tree for my 6th birthday because I was becoming interested in trees. My dad planted it in the back garden for me. It's still there and going strong.
7 -
8 -
9 - went into year 5. Years 5 and 6 got "golden time" every Friday afternoon, which was just various fun activities.
10 - the year 6s get a residential field trip every year, and I didn't want to go. I resisted all attempts by my parents and teachers to persuade me to go. In the end I just got to help out in the reception classroom for the week, along with one other kid who didn't want to go.
11 - started year 7, and cried at the end of the first day because I couldn't find my bus and thought I'd missed it. Turns out it was just late.
12 - I was pushed into doing relay for sports day, because I thought it was compulsory. I later realised it was actually optional, and that was my only year of secondary school I took part in sports day.
13 - not much stands out.
14 -
15 - I tried to become more confident in social situations because I thought it would be nice to go to prom (I turned 16 in May 2012, prom was in June, and I was thinking about it well before then). In the end I didn't go because of shyness/general awkwardness.
16 - went bowling for my 16th birthday with my brothers, parents, grandma (can't remember if grandad was there or not), a cousin, brother's girlfriend and can't remember who else. Seeing my grandma struggling and hurling the ball but managing to bowl a strike once was pretty funny.
17 -
18 - passed my driving test over the summer, got my exam results about 2 weeks later and got into my first choice university. Didn't enjoy freshers week as much as I thought I would, and my dog dying a few days after I arrived didn't help. I've spent much of my first year without any real friends and rarely talking to people.
Turned 19 a few weeks ago.
Everyone's paaast here is boring af
Original post by sonysharp11
Everyone's paaast here is boring af

Not surprising considering most people on here are students and fairly young.

Ask this same question to a bunch of 40-50 year olds (or even older) and you'd probably get much more interesting answers.
0: no clue
1: no clue
2: no clue
3: starting nursery with my best friend
4: getting lost in London for 3hours
5: no clue
6: being the best at maths in my class
7: my cousins death
8: Disney channel
9: Harry Potter
10: no clue
11: starting high school
12: make lots of new amazing friends
13: having the best b-day party ever
14: going on a school trip for a week with friends
15: first kiss
16: going to CAE Oxford
17: exam stress
0 : I twerked
1 : I twerked
2 : I twerked
3 : I twerked
4 : I twerked
5 : I twerked
6 : I twerked
7 : I twerked
8 : I twerked
9 : I twerked
10 : I twerked
11 : I twerked
12 : I twerked
13 : I twerked
14 : I twerked
15 : I twerked
16 : I twerked

Spoiler

0: Nada
1: Nada
2: My Grandparents put my teddy in a tree one time when we were out. I cried so much.
3: Boy called Ben threw sand in my eyes. I had to sit in the middle of the room and blink for ages. Never forget that...
4: Painting with potatoes in Nursery???
5: My sister was born. Remember visiting her in hospital
6: Holiday to Cornwall. Had awful eczema that kept me up all night
7: Learning about Guy Fawkes. I kept getting it wrong, and my teacher threw my book in the bin cos she got so mad. Didn't like her much.
8: Playing the recorder. Great times.
9: School trip camping. That was fun
10: Going on a cub camp called Cub Jam - had my first crush there :lol: (which lasted for about three years. So sad.)
11: Year 6 leavers, remember our last day very clearly.
12: First day of secondary school.
13: My first girlfriend.... We lasted for four whole days!!! Also the London Olympics. I also had an obsession over a celebrity while I was 13, so much so I watched a film she was in about 30 times.
14: Urm.... Nothing really happened much..... My first proper crush that wasn't just "oh she's pretty"? I guess?
15: Had my regrettable first kiss.... That was definitely something to forget. Unfortunately, I haven't forgot it. :facepalm2:
16: GCSEs.

Quick Reply

Latest