The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Unit 2 [3rd June]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicoleaa
What's everyone predicting for globalisation? I am thinking the unemployment sector.

What could they ask about that?x
Reply 41
What's everyone predicting for globalisation? I am thinking the unemployment sector.

tf is that
Original post by Mina_
tf is that

Oh! I messed that up! I meant the employment sector! I was in a hurry!
Reply 43
Oh! I messed that up! I meant the employment sector! I was in a hurry!

still, tf is that
Reply 44
Original post by Mina_
still, tf is that

LICs MICs and HICs
Reply 45
Original post by dylan65
LICs MICs and HICs

We didn't do that :/ Can someone do a really quick summary
Original post by Winterblogger
What could they ask about that?x

The Case Studies for Low, Medium or High maybe? And something linking them to the sectors?

It's like ten minutes to the exam! Good luck to everyone!
Reply 47
Original post by Mina_
We didn't do that :/ Can someone do a really quick summary

What topic is this on? I'm on edexcel B ?
THANK THE LORD FOR THAT EXAM PAPER! I'VE NEVER WANTED TO KISS PAPER SO MUCH! :awesome::clap2:
Did you do topic7? If you did what did you put for the last 8marker on that
Original post by The-Deadly

What was the topic exactly? The 8 markers I did was on changing settlements and challenges of the urban world.
Original post by Salma_SDKA
What was the topic exactly? The 8 markers I did was on changing settlements and challenges of the urban world.

Yes that one challenges of the urban world. It asked to examine the success of strategies by the developing world or something like that
A million times easier than unit 1 :smile:
So for the first question, I got saliva, anyone else? Not sure about that one...
The cartoon question I said that the man couldn't buy a phone because climate change was making him fat?
What did everyone else get for those questions? Overall, I think I did really well :smile: Really happy with that paper, hoping to get an A :biggrin: xxxxxxxx
For the 8marker in topic 5 about deindustrialization, is dinnington, Rotherham an acceptable example? I wrote that the colleries and coal mines closed in the 70s and the brownfield site was then used for business, retail parks etc
Reply 55
For the 8marker in topic 5 about deindustrialization, is dinnington, Rotherham an acceptable example? I wrote that the colleries and coal mines closed in the 70s and the brownfield site was then used for business, retail parks etc

yeah geography examiners get excited when they see rarer case studies
as long as you linked it to the environmental impact it'll be great!
I unserstand all of that exam paper:biggrin::biggrin: I can't believe the difficulty of that compared to unit 1.

I did Changing Settlements and Challenges of an Urban World, the 8 marker on that was about improving quality of life and I spoke about self help schemes in Rocinha, Brazil

What did all you guys think??
I got 0 marks for the last 8 marker , I miss read the question and talked about hoy no circular schemes at Mexico and boris bikes for London and masdar for Abu Dabi. Then realised the question said developing at time was up

The self help schemes and the police pacification units in Rochina in Brazil and how the government want to build houses for the people of Dharvi to live in but the people don't think they'll be able to afford it.
(edited 8 years ago)
can sheffield be acceptable?
Original post by Jitesh
yeah geography examiners get excited when they see rarer case studies
as long as you linked it to the environmental impact it'll be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending