The Student Room Group

AS Biology unit 2 POTOMETERS

I was wondering if we need to know much about potometers for unit 2 AQA bio?
It does not say anything about potometers in the AQA AS Biology specification.
THANKS
Yes you do as there are questions they can ask you about it like:
Why is the plant cut under water?
Cut at an angle?
Original post by MaariyaUl
I was wondering if we need to know much about potometers for unit 2 AQA bio?
It does not say anything about potometers in the AQA AS Biology specification.
THANKS

Yeah I was doing a past paper yesterday (either june 2013 or Jan 2013) and there was a whole section on potometers

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is a potometer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
hey...can somebody tell me how we can measure fhe resistance of the metal wire..struggling with this
Original post by ashiiii
hey...can somebody tell me how we can measure fhe resistance of the metal wire..struggling with this

This is an Aqa as unit 2 biology thread. Resistance of metal wire questions do not belong here... At least I'm presuming so, have a nice day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cauley1997
What is a potometer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like an experiment you can set up to work out the rate of water uptake of a shoot.
You can change factors like humidty, temperature, light intensity etc. to see what effect they have on water uptake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
as I'm only learning of it now I'd presume it'll be an application question and the only things we will need to know prior to the exam should be the factors and their possible effects if that. Let's not worry but it is aqa after all but after last years unit 2 let's be Positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cauley1997
This is an Aqa as unit 2 biology thread. Resistance of metal wire questions do not belong here... At least I'm presuming so, have a nice day

Harsh lol

Original post by ashiiii

You're not making it very clear what you want, but here is an equation for it:

Resistance = (Resistivity of material x Length of wire) / Cross-sectional area
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you, good luck for the exam next week:smile:

Original post by Dr. Swiftie
Yeah I was doing a past paper yesterday (either june 2013 or Jan 2013) and there was a whole section on potom!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Thank you!!!

Original post by ninetailedfox
yes you do as there are questions they can ask you about it like:
Why is the plant cut under water?
Cut at an angle?
Reply 11
Thank you!! Haha im not entirely sure how my unit 1 biology went, need to make sure this one goes better. Good luck to you next week

[.QUOTE]as I'm only learning of it now I'd presume it'll be an application question and the only things we will need to know prior to the exam should be the factors and their possible effects if that. Let's not worry but it is aqa after all but after last years unit 2 let's be Positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply