The Student Room Group

Barcelona , Mallorca or Malaga?

Scroll to see replies

Barca.
Original post by LevelTV
We have booked Benalmadena , although we do plan to visit some of the following Malaga city , Gibraltar , Nerja , Marbella , Torremolinos and Fuengiorla

Out of that list which one's would you recommend?

Malaga city is really good for sight seeing and (you can if you want to see a bullfight at the local ring although that's not for me) Nerja is really good and i highly recommend taking a expedition to Frigiliana only about a 5 10 minute drive from Nerja the main beach Burraina has some great restaurants and a really nice buzz at night and the barbecued fish if you go off to the right is great for supper if you want to go out for a meal.

If you do go to Frigilianaonce you've walked up the hill go left and you'll see
this
and you'll know you're going the right way there is also an olympic sized swimming pool and a resturant with one of the best views in spain in my opinion
called
I won't spoil the view as it is breath taking.

Marbella has some great beaches and i think you might be able to try kite surfing if you take a look before you go (it's taken off in a big way in Spain).
Torremolinosis I basically know fo the beach but it has big waves (good fo surfing if any type) I don't know much about Fuengiorla.

If your mobile take a drive inland to El Chrro in the mountains you could even get a cabin over night at the lake you can rent boats there are Pic Nic areas and of course you can swim in the lake.

This is a lake in El Chrro

hope I helped a bit.
Reply 22
Staying in Beanalmadena so not sure if it will take to long to go nerja VIA public transport , hired car is possibly if i can convince certain people to opt for it.

And for the people who said Barcelona that will be next on June 30th for a business meeting so i'll go on tripadvisor for more specific information because Barcelona is so "large" in terms of restaurants , population e.t.c
Benalmadena isnt spain
Original post by LevelTV
Staying in Beanalmadena so not sure if it will take to long to go nerja VIA public transport , hired car is possibly if i can convince certain people to opt for it.

And for the people who said Barcelona that will be next on June 30th for a business meeting so i'll go on tripadvisor for more specific information because Barcelona is so "large" in terms of restaurants , population e.t.c

Nerja from Beanalmadena is a 1 hour and 8 minute drive and well worth it for a change of scene. this is the main beach
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCOz3jdfYh8YCFUOn2wod0qYAug&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.discover-nerja.com%2Fburriana-beach-nerja.html&ei=14V5VdLhCufD7gaY4YGIDQ&bvm=bv.95277229,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNEabD-DLlFyDtANyxO4YxBmTLoZ4g&ust=1434113884953963

Quick Reply

Latest