The Student Room Group

That moment you realise girls care so little about you and your feelings ?

This has happened to me twice now
You talk to someone through out the year get to know them ask them for advice on all your major decisions as year goes and then you go home for the holidays. You text them over the break hey hows it going ? And dont even get a reply and no its not because they were too busy to reply or forgot because if you know the type of people who never forget to check their phone

You just think wow they valued me so little a real eye opener and frankly makes you distrusting of any girl you ever talk to in the future

Anyone else been in the same position ?

Scroll to see replies

Just keep finding

(Yes it's happened to me before. Best not to get too attached to anyone if that's the case. Too easy for your feelings to not be reciprocated)
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Just keep finding

(Yes it's happened to me before. Best not to get too attached to anyone if that's the case. Too easy for your feelings to not be reciprocated)

Why are girls so friendly in real life but cold over the internet ?
You need to give them a reason to talk to you. They are just going to talk to you because they know you. So you either create that interest in you or you get over it and move on to the next person. That is what I do anyway.
Original post by Anonymous
Why are girls so friendly in real life but cold over the internet ?

Because they don't know who you are they mistrust you. They prefer talking to people face to face.
Well, some are simply just hard to get... or even understand.
So much for comprehending the psychology of the females I know.
Anyone just says hows it going, its a bit dull isn't it
Spot on OP. Girls are disgustingly ignorant and will cut off their 'friendship' with us as easy as they flick their hair. Some of them are actually quite proud of 'cutting people off' too. They like to brag about how they have 'cleared out' their Facebook friends.

And like you say, it's always the ones that you meet and converse with for months on end, only to find them brutally ignore you for no reason whatsoever.

The ironic thing is when you see these girls then in real life they try to act like it's okay for them to behave this way and you should be all nice and warm to them. To hell with that, they deserve an uppercut in my opinion.
Reply 8
Original post by william walker
You need to give them a reason to talk to you. They are just going to talk to you because they know you. So you either create that interest in you or you get over it and move on to the next person. That is what I do anyway.

Im sure thats logical for girls youve just met in a nightclub but not girls youve known for a long time and done the interest building stage along time ago. Its not like im planning on asking them out
Reply 9
Original post by holmes221
Anyone just says hows it going, its a bit dull isn't it

That was a example obviously i say something more interesting but still nothing
First of, I'd like to apologise that this has happened to you. It is a shame that you invested time in a person whom clearly did not value you in the same way in which you valued them. It is highly unfortunate, but things of this nature occur frequently and we can only learn from them. Luckily, you have become aware of what is going on and are now able to extract yourself from the situation. Although this may be problematic, it is what is best. You do not want to put so much of yourself out on the line for another person and end up feeling unvalued and unappreciated. You are worth more than that, I assure you. However, it may be worthwhile to see what the persons (eventual) response is when you next see them, perhaps she has genuine reasoning behind her lack of response that you aren't aware of. Social media can often cause more problems than it solves, after all. In light of your negative experiences, i hope that you do not allow yourself, as you stated to become 'distrusting' of others, or more particularly 'any girl'. This form of treatment happens between both sexes, unfortunately we're all capable of being ass-holes. Don't let this put you of any girl in the future. Start new friendships/relationships with a positive light, but be mindful of those who you trust. Of course, this is difficult, but it is something we should perhaps bare in mind. Sorry for the length of the response, and again I am sorry this happened to you (it has also happened to me a few times). Stay positive, stay happy. Keep negative energy away.
Spot on OP. Girls are disgustingly ignorant and will cut off their 'friendship' with us as easy as they flick their hair. Some of them are actually quite proud of 'cutting people off' too. They like to brag about how they have 'cleared out' their Facebook friends.

And like you say, it's always the ones that you meet and converse with for months on end, only to find them brutally ignore you for no reason whatsoever.

The ironic thing is when you see these girls then in real life they try to act like it's okay for them to behave this way and you should be all nice and warm to them. To hell with that, they deserve an uppercut in my opinion.

This one girl made a huge fuss over how i offended her by asking her if she could come to my student accommodation in the afternoon so i could ask her for some help on revision and told her friends i tried to seduce her... I then apologised to her on graduation day and she still blocked me on fb

After we graduated i sent her a message from my friends account to say she has a hyena laugh that i always found annoying and that she was really easy to please if anyone noticed she had a haircut and i then mentioned every time she tried to adjust her top id already seen down her top so no point really
She got so mad she deactivated her facebook account and said she would call the police if i contacted her again

Hahahah
Im sure thats logical for girls youve just met in a nightclub but not girls youve known for a long time and done the interest building stage along time ago. Its not like im planning on asking them out

Maybe if you were planning on asking them out they would find you interesting and talk to you. Beyond that they need friends a uni, they don't need friends at home.
Original post by william walker
Maybe if you were planning on asking them out they would find you interesting and talk to you. Beyond that they need friends a uni, they don't need friends at home.

So why don't they say they want a man not a friend in the first place then? See you can't win, if you talk to them with the intention of asking them out, you're a stalker and you are desperate, if you talk to them with the intention of friendship we are told they have plenty of friends and don't need anymore. Perhaps these stuck up girls should give their head a wobble?
Reply 14

Whilst this may be true for a certain stereotype (typical girly girl b*tch) this is a bit harsh to apply to all girls? Like I do realise that such girls exist, I've been unfortunate enough to encounter them - but tarring an entire gender with the one brush is surely a bit extreme?

Anyway, back on topic - I think the case of people suddenly not communicating in common enough. People grow close while at uni and then go home for the summer and back to their old friends, it happens regardless of gender. Physical distance and not physically seeing someone creates a natural void and people grow apart unless there is a very strong draw, friendship or level of interest.

I have had the same happen with a guy though too who suddenly stopped replying - I guess he got what he wanted from me or decided I wasn't worth the effort - either way, it made me question whether he was worth knowing - if someone won't take the time to reply then they really don't deserve your attention!
So why don't they say they want a man not a friend in the first place then? See you can't win, if you talk to them with the intention of asking them out, you're a stalker and you are desperate, if you talk to them with the intention of friendship we are told they have plenty of friends and don't need anymore. Perhaps these stuck up girls should give their head a wobble?

Well why not hold both intentions at the same time? Reaction what she wants and does. Then again you maybe can't do that, which is your fault not their fault.
Original post by I*HM
Whilst this may be true for a certain stereotype (typical girly girl b*tch) this is a bit harsh to apply to all girls? Like I do realise that such girls exist, I've been unfortunate enough to encounter them - but tarring an entire gender with the one brush is surely a bit extreme?

Anyway, back on topic - I think the case of people suddenly not communicating in common enough. People grow close while at uni and then go home for the summer and back to their old friends, it happens regardless of gender. Physical distance and not physically seeing someone creates a natural void and people grow apart unless there is a very strong draw, friendship or level of interest.

I have had the same happen with a guy though too who suddenly stopped replying - I guess he got what he wanted from me or decided I wasn't worth the effort - either way, it made me question whether he was worth knowing - if someone won't take the time to reply then they really don't deserve your attention!

Interesting perspective but from my point of view i feel betrayed and like i wasted time getting to know someone

I got really close with this girl and i guess she just didnt care not even a polite one word reply
That was a example obviously i say something more interesting but still nothing

what did you say?
Interesting perspective but from my point of view i feel betrayed and like i wasted time getting to know someone

I got really close with this girl and i guess she just didnt care not even a polite one word reply

I want to stay neutral here, but maybe you should make more money lol

(I just came across this video just now)
Reply 19

I can relate as at first I felt quite used, in my case I had really gotten to know the guy and then suddenly nothing. I had to rationalise though, if someone can't even take the time to text, then its not worth wasting more of my own time and emotions over. However, if this is something you really do feel is going to bog you down, you can always try laying it straight with her - or try giving her a call, actually talking can restrengthen a friendship as there isn't the same distance as text?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending