The Student Room Group

Absolutely baffling Physics (waves) question found in a seemingly normal paper

image.jpg

How do I tackle such a monster guys?

Scroll to see replies

just gonna bump this bad boy up there because i feel that everyone will benefit from knowing this answer!!!!!
wtf is this ****?

I was gonna say use n lander = d sin theta

but idk.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
wtf is this ****?

but idk.

ikr, absolute atrocity that will leave students for dead nationwide
Original post by Terminatoring
ikr, absolute atrocity that will leave students for dead nationwide

which exam board is this?

Is this AS lol?
which exam board is this?

Is this AS lol?

indeed, they had the audacity to throw this in an AS paper. the worlds largest UK exam board are the perpetrators - the assy qualification Alliance (AQA)
Im assuming it goes from 1 at A to 1.5 stays at 1.5 for C then goes back down to 1?

Quick guess.
indeed, they had the audacity to throw this in an AS paper. the worlds largest UK exam board are the perpetrators - the assy qualification Alliance (AQA)

aqa stepping up their game damn, and I thought they were the easiest exam board.
Seems simple enough to me. The thing that seems to be missing is the refractive index of the cladding but that must surely be included in part A. If you don't get it, just find the mark scheme.
Reply 9
image.jpg

http://www.cyberphysics.co.uk/Q&A/KS5/medical/endoscope/Q3.html

should help alot. Keep calm and join the dark side :colone:
Original post by MatOnMotors
Seems simple enough to me. The thing that seems to be missing is the refractive index of the cladding but that must surely be included in part A. If you don't get it, just find the mark scheme.

i promise you brother i would not lie to you, they haven't given me any sort of index for the clads.

if its so simple ( which it may be ) could you please propose a solution?

thank you ever so much
Original post by moneus
http://www.cyberphysics.co.uk/Q&A/KS5/medical/endoscope/Q3.html

should help alot. Keep calm and join the dark side :colone:

what an absolute legend, thank you so much
Reply 12
what an absolute legend, thank you so much

no problem :biggrin:

Original post by tavtavtav
Im assuming it goes from 1 at A to 1.5 stays at 1.5 for C then goes back down to 1?Quick guess.
aqa stepping up their game damn, and I thought they were the easiest exam board.
Original post by MatOnMotors
calm down guys. It's all cool. check the link above you lot. AQA is a joke of an exam board honestly. I've got A2 physics exams couple weeks from now and i haven't revised for sh1t. got 100% ums for AS in case u were wondering
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moneus
no problem :biggrin:

calm down guys. It's all cool. check the link above you lot. AQA is a joke of an exam board honestly. I've got A2 physics exams couple weeks from now and i haven't revised for sh1t. got 100% ums for AS in case u were wondering

Do you have the solutions? It was a legit guess, that I think could be right, but I'm really not sure.

Edit: and seeing as I misread the glasses refractive index for cladding I'm definately wrong.

Maybe you can reverse calculate the cladding index from the critical angle?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
image.jpg

Well you can start by plotting A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by tavtavtav
Do you have the solutions? It was a legit guess, that I think could be right, but I'm really not sure.

it's in one of my replies bro. it's cyberphysics something like that
Reply 16
The question is really easy if you engage your brain and read it properly. All the information is written down for you.
wtf is this ****?

but idk.

" n lander" :laugh:
How is this hard?
[QUOTE=RhymeAsylumForever;56247223]How is this hard?

How is anything hard when you know what to do?

Quick Reply

Latest