The Student Room Group

1st year summer internship?

I have seen several profiles on LinkedIn who have obtained first year internship from places like Barclays. What is the criterion for the Barclays first-year summer internship - additionally, are there any other firms doing 1st year summer programs?

Thanks
Original post by Hody421
I have seen several profiles on LinkedIn who have obtained first year internship from places like Barclays. What is the criterion for the Barclays first-year summer internship - additionally, are there any other firms doing 1st year summer programs?

Thanks

i have an interview for that in 2 days xD

anyways conditions that need to be met:

obtained a first year sw with them
converted that sw into a summer offer
be of ethnic origin (+ part of SEO or Rare Recruitment)
pass additional round of interviews after sw/penultimate year offer
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gr8wizard10
i have an interview for that in 2 days xD

anyways conditions that need to be met:

obtained a first year sw with them
converted that sw into a summer offer
be of ethnic origin
pass additional round of interviews after sw/penultimate year offer

The second thing you mentioned, how do you achieve that? You have to impress them at the assessment center?
Original post by Hody421
The second thing you mentioned, how do you achieve that? You have to impress them at the assessment center?

u impress them during the sw, your assignments, your interactions with others, motivation, and on the final round interviews if you manage to get fast-tracked

read this:

http://www.canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/spring-week-fast-track-101-by-drunkfish.184/
Reply 4
Original post by gr8wizard10
u impress them during the sw, your assignments, your interactions with others, motivation, and on the final round interviews if you manage to get fast-tracked

read this:

http://www.canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/spring-week-fast-track-101-by-drunkfish.184/

Congratz on getting it :wink:

Mind sharing some tips?
Original post by Hody421
Congratz on getting it :wink:

Mind sharing some tips?

the link was the tips
Reply 6
Hi, do you need to complete a spring week with them in order to participate? or can there be a separate application?
Original post by banker18
Hi, do you need to complete a spring week with them in order to participate? or can there be a separate application?

Reading the thread would be nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by banker18

you must've been offered a sw with the firm

Quick Reply