AQA Polish

Scroll to see replies

image.jpg
Original post by Artur96
What message? I haven't received any.
Reply 21
Original post by wifeyriddim
image.jpg

OK, Tapatalk doesn't seem to work too well with TSR.
Original post by Artur96
OK, Tapatalk doesn't seem to work too well with TSR.

[email protected]

:-)
Lol kiddos, its gonna be alright. Im doing kamienie na szaniec and moralnosc pani dulskiej (was advised to do so by a teacher that actually teaches the subject). AS was piss easy, good luck in the exam polish fellas ;D
I think that Polish AS is easy (I did it last year and got full marks strangely). I'm doing A2 this year and I can't say much but it looks harder.
Reply 25
Just wondering but do we need to answer 1 question from the literary section and 1 from the non-literary or do we get to choose any 2 we want from the 4 topics? I'm quite confused about that and to be honest, I'm considering answering 3 questions just to make sure I definitely get the marks haha
Original post by DCypel
Just wondering but do we need to answer 1 question from the literary section and 1 from the non-literary or do we get to choose any 2 we want from the 4 topics? I'm quite confused about that and to be honest, I'm considering answering 3 questions just to make sure I definitely get the marks haha

You choose one question from Section one and one question from Section two.
Reply 27
You choose one question from Section one and one question from Section two.

Okay thank you :smile: that's really helpful as I was going to answer one on the literature and one on drama.. I'll just watch the 2 movies in the morning and hopefully be fine for the exam on Monday. Good luck!!
I'm really confused on which questions to answer in section 3. I know there are Literary Topics Tematy literackie and Non-literary Topics Tematy nieliterackie and they have each topic 1 and 2. So do I need to write one essay on topic 1 and one essay 2 ?

Literary Topics Tematy literackieTopic 2 Moralne i społeczne zagadnienia poruszane w polskim dramacie Moral and social issues as presented in Polish drama
and

Therefore if I pick Non-literary Topics Tematy nieliterackieTopic 1Polacy i Polska w okresie drugiej wojny światowejPoland and the Poles during World War II

would that be fine? OR do I need to pick both topic 1 and 2 from Literary Topics or both topic 1 and 2 from Non-literary Topics.
Can somebody tell me what's the point of doing A level polish given that it's your first language? Unis won't even look at your grade in that.
Reply 30
Original post by John Fluffy Bunny
Can somebody tell me what's the point of doing A level polish given that it's your first language? Unis won't even look at your grade in that.

Because it's an additional qualification and they do look at it.. I applied to UCD and Trinity and they seem to be okay with it.. through UCAS I got a conditional offer from Newcastle University and it didn't mention anything about not accepting Polish as an A-level.
Original post by John Fluffy Bunny

Actually JOHN, it does count. I've got offers from Loughborough, Leicester and Essex :u: It's a mixture of language, literature and history and not many people get good grades. Take your head out your arse cos thats like me saying "What's the point of you doing English Literature if you're from here?"
Original post by SamyBoy13
I'm really confused on which questions to answer in section 3. I know there are Literary Topics Tematy literackie and Non-literary Topics Tematy nieliterackie and they have each topic 1 and 2. So do I need to write one essay on topic 1 and one essay 2 ?

Literary Topics Tematy literackieTopic 2 Moralne i społeczne zagadnienia poruszane w polskim dramacie Moral and social issues as presented in Polish drama
and

Therefore if I pick Non-literary Topics Tematy nieliterackieTopic 1Polacy i Polska w okresie drugiej wojny światowejPoland and the Poles during World War II

would that be fine? OR do I need to pick both topic 1 and 2 from Literary Topics or both topic 1 and 2 from Non-literary Topics.

Tomorrow I am doing The fight for independence as a theme in Polish literature and The films of Andrzej Wajda ‘Ashes and Diamonds’ and ‘Man of Marble’.

You only need to do two questions from Section 3. One question from Literary topics and one from Non-literary topics.
Boze ludzie kochani. Mozna robic dwa pytania literackie, dwa nie literackie. Wybieracie topic i tyle a jak pasuje mix to robicie mix :smile: ja robie kamienie na szaniec i moralnosc pani dulskiej, dramat jest prosty o szybki bo jest krotki a do tego to jest skrypt czyli szybko sie czyta. Pozdro :biggrin:
A jak ktos chce jakis material do Filmow, Moralnosc Pani Dulskiej lub Kamieni na szaniec to prosze pisac do [email protected] bo mam od nauczycielki polskiego ;D
Original post by DCypel
Okay thank you :smile: that's really helpful as I was going to answer one on the literature and one on drama.. I'll just watch the 2 movies in the morning and hopefully be fine for the exam on Monday. Good luck!!

So basically you need to read a book and it has to be about The fight for independence as a theme in Polish literature or Moral and social issues as presented in Polish drama and then you either pick the history question or the one about two films, if that makes sense.

I'd advise you to make notes on both the fims- in Popiół i diament the details are extremely easy to miss out. You need to think about why both titles are important, what the significance of Maciek falling in love was, how confusing post war Poland was to its citizens, some people were communists cos they actually thought it would improve their country how people were sick of deaths, murders and losses and it tuns out it didnt stop there.

Good luck!
Original post by DreamEdits
Boze ludzie kochani. Mozna robic dwa pytania literackie, dwa nie literackie. Wybieracie topic i tyle a jak pasuje mix to robicie mix :smile: ja robie kamienie na szaniec i moralnosc pani dulskiej, dramat jest prosty o szybki bo jest krotki a do tego to jest skrypt czyli szybko sie czyta. Pozdro :biggrin:

Oh crap LOL.
Oh crap LOL.

Eh might as well speak English if everyone else is.. erm yeah you can do a mixture, or both on the same thing as long as you don't answer two questions based on one book if you know what I mean... That's what a qualified teacher told me soo... and the exam does state... Either 1 or 2 and then either 1 or 2 or whatever so its kind of logical...
Original post by DreamEdits
Eh might as well speak English if everyone else is.. erm yeah you can do a mixture, or both on the same thing as long as you don't answer two questions based on one book if you know what I mean... That's what a qualified teacher told me soo... and the exam does state... Either 1 or 2 and then either 1 or 2 or whatever so its kind of logical...

I was a bit confused cos theres topics/sections/questions. I entered myself in the exam thinking I'd have to answer every question on the paper so :awesome:
Actually JOHN, it does count. I've got offers from Loughborough, Leicester and Essex :u: It's a mixture of language, literature and history and not many people get good grades. Take your head out your arse cos thats like me saying "What's the point of you doing English Literature if you're from here?"

I'm not making the rules here it's just how it is. Besides the complexity of A level polish is much less than that of English literature since not everyone taking A level polish is a native speaker so the exams are much simpler. Tbh that subject was created for people who learn it from scratch not those who speak it fluently already as it's not very fair for the others. It's basically on about the same difficulty level as GCSE English is for the English isn't it. I've just seen people on this topic admit doing **** all the whole year and still getting an A at the end. Unis do NOT look at your grade in that they only look at your performance in other subjects and perhaps you somehow managed to get acceptable grades to get an offer from well accredited units such as Loughborough 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending