The Student Room Group

Unveiled: It's now NO burqa or €405 fine in Netherlands

DIE THREAD DIE.

Thread closed due to too many dumb people who watch mainstream media rather than THINK of the bigger picture.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's not even a full ban. Why should they be able to cover their faces when others aren't?
Reply 2
Original post by Smug Life
It's not even a full ban. Why should they be able to cover their faces when others aren't?

you are marginalising an already marginalised community whose percentage is 0.01 %. Dude that is bonkers
Its the principle, religious attire or not, its something which some could feel threatened by. Hiding your face in public is wrong, and if it offends people so badly, they should move to where its accepted and promoted such as saudi arabia, or any other Islamic state. Theres certainly plenty to choose from.

The fact is, if the whole of the population aren't abel to walk around with their faces covered, why should 0.01% of them be able to? They're not above the law, and its right that it should be enforced.
Original post by moneus
you are marginalising an already marginalised community whose percentage is 0.01 %. Dude that is bonkers

So you don't want equality?
Reply 5
Good job.
And - given the current atmosphere of normal muslims being radicalised, moving to ISIS, then potentially moving back wit the intent of murdering and blowing up innocent people - its only right that this should be enforced in those settings.

Its such a shame that the minority ruin it for the majority, but the netherlands has the right idea with this one. I'd gladly see the UK adopt this, shame our government panders to the muslims.
The Burka is anti-woman. How can anyone defend it.
Original post by holmes221

In before people bring up nuns.
Original post by King Boo

The fact is, if the whole of the population aren't abel to walk around with their faces covered, why should 0.01% of them be able to? They're not above the law, and its right that it should be enforced.

Totally correct and it should be the same here.

£405 fine in our case.
I'm muslim and I say it's a good thing :smile:
Cool.
Nice to see the governments of Europe really tackling the big socio-economic issues of our day. 0.01% of the population, it won't even raise any revenue.
Reply 13
Original post by Smug Life
So you don't want equality?

Original post by Josb
Good job.

Original post by holmes221

Original post by Lt.Hartigan
Totally correct and it should be the same here.

£405 fine in our case.

Original post by Bag of Peanuts
Cool.

Terrible law tbh, people here chanting about 'equality'. does the burqa create any sort of social problem/ inequality?
What a woman chooses to wear is her personal choice and governments should have no right to enforce their decisions.
Original post by Spandy
Terrible law tbh, people here chanting about 'equality'. does the burqa create any sort of social problem/ inequality?
What a woman chooses to wear is her personal choice and governments should have no right to enforce their decisions.

Lol it's not personal choice. Stop being a liberal baby. She wears a burka because of religion. And that religion is seen as an endangerment to many places because of their constant actions and messed up theologies and horrible corruption in nations run by the religion. Facts. Now face them and stop muddling judgement with egalitarianist sentimentality.
Reply 15
Lol it's not personal choice. Stop being a liberal baby. She wears a burka because of religion. And that religion is seen as an endangerment to many places because of their constant actions and messed up theologies and horrible corruption in nations run by the religion. Facts. Now face them and stop muddling judgement with egalitarianist sentimentality.

Look mate, I don't see anything wrong with a particular activity, religious or otherwise, unless it causes a law n' order problem (Sure, I do agree the burqua should be banned in government buildings etc...). Also, considering your claims of Muslims being messed up, consider Indonesia, it has the highest Muslim population in the globe and they are a fast-growing major economy. Consider India, they have the second highest Muslim population in the globe, they are currently one of the biggest economies in the world and domestically, are doing pretty well by 'developing country' standards.
Original post by Spandy
Look mate, I don't see anything wrong with a particular activity, religious or otherwise, unless it causes a law n' order problem (Sure, I do agree the burqua should be banned in government buildings etc...). Also, considering your claims of Muslims being messed up, consider Indonesia, it has the highest Muslim population in the globe and they are a fast-growing major economy. Consider India, they have the second highest Muslim population in the globe, they are currently one of the biggest economies in the world and domestically, are doing pretty well by 'developing country' standards.

Don't call me mate, and they're not claims. They're facts.
And don't talk about economy. I said corruption; what does the rate of growth in their economy have to do with the fact that there is political corruption? "Oh they're making money, despite millions of their own people living in slums, so it's all good." Their growing economy is another discussion and you probably won't like the answer why they're growing.

And why did you mention India, India is Hindu by default. We're talking burqas>>Islam>>Middle East, primarily.
Fact of the matter is look at Middle eastern countries and scroll thru some stories, educate yourself, and then come back to me about corruption and barbarianism while under Islamic theology not being an issue. I never even said I agreed with the fine, but whether I do or not, I was disputing you saying the burqa is worn out of choice (laugh) and I was rationalising why a country would want to ban something representing a religion that they find dangerous. Whether it's dangerous or not, they think it is. On that ground, ban something that symbolizes their religious practice. You're trying to make it into "that's mean." No, it's necessary to them.
Reply 17
x.

Live in your shell of delusion... I see no point in arguing with a communal person.

Btw, I am an Indian Hindu, and we feel offended when India is referred to as a Hindu country. We are proudly secular.
Original post by Spandy
Live in your shell of delusion... I see no point in arguing with a communal person.

Btw, I am an Indian Hindu, and we feel offended when India is referred to as a Hindu country. We are proudly secular.

I don't care about India. Delusion? Don't get mad at me because you're ignorant and therefore have to rely on your emotions to get your through a discussion that you never were equipped to fare in, in the first place. Nighty night, tiger.

Anyway for future notice to anyone else, the burqa is not usually out of choice; it's clearly for religious purposes and a country that feels threatened by Islam will obviously ban symbols of its practice aka the burqa.

DUH.
western logic, fined for wearing burkah.. praised for wearing little to no clothes.

Quick Reply

Latest