The Student Room Group

Ramadan NEXT MONTH!

I cant believe its Ramadan next month! so excited, who else is looking forward to it? and what are your aims for ramadan this year?
mine has to be
1. completing the Quran (once min)
2. praying all the traweeh prayers (im fine for like the first 8-10 days then it all just dies out and i give up hahah)

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gain weight
Original post by G2S
Gain weight

^^ Lose weight
Get better with praying
Be less haram in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I dread Ramadan, could spend days explaining why. Though I'm going to use the time [coincides with summer break] to actually learn about Islamic history, philosophy and politics.
i am so excited woah.
THE TIME! oh the joy of a free month that can be filled with just about anything!
Reading, learning, history... I can hardly wait!
loool dreading it - cuz of the long hours don't judge me you haramis

Taraweeh prayers are incredible with the right reciters (leg-breakingly so) so am looking forward to that :smile:
Gosh I always dread Ramadan, probably as since I'm a non-Muslim living in a Muslim family I'll get my parents waking me up in the middle of the night for sehri & having to hide away when I'm eating so they don't try & make me feel guilty :erm:
Reply 8
love ramadan best time of the year :biggrin:
Great. Super excited

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432678256.444692.jpg
Posted from TSR Mobile

Plan to do.some.intensive theology an deaths during this time.
Original post by Multitalented me
Gosh I always dread Ramadan, probably as since I'm a non-Muslim living in a Muslim family I'll get my parents waking me up in the middle of the night for sehri & having to hide away when I'm eating so they don't try & make me feel guilty :erm:

This. ^
This is why I'm gonna stick around uni for a while after exams are done (on the 17th June).

Though I generally enjoy Ramadan. Such conflicting feelings. -.-
My favourite month. Can't wait! :h:
What day does fasting begin for Muslims?
Original post by Stefano93
What day does fasting begin for Muslims?

Thursday 18th June this year
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15

I used to be in that situation, thank 'God' that's over.
Original post by FahzB
I used to be in that situation, thank 'God' that's over.
So you've moved out now right, how old are you may I ask? :smile: Come to think of it my parents could have been more strict as they don't really nag me to pray now (apart from my dad on Fridays). So could be worse I suppose :erm:
Reply 17
So you've moved out now right, how old are you may I ask? :smile: Come to think of it my parents could have been more strict as they don't really nag me to pray now (apart from my dad on Fridays). So could be worse I suppose :erm:

I haven't moved out, I'm 17, 18 on the 30th.
I renounce Islam around the age of 12-13, after having realised that I never believed in God at all. My family weren't completely strict as I progressed to secondary school, no more useless arabic reading and other Islamic related things except for my stupid father who (this agitates me to the core) would specifically preach to me and bring me books titled 'Athiests converting to Islam' and 'Muslim answers for 10 most common Athiest questions'. I used to fast alongside them because I used to feel guilty but since two years ago, I stopped caring and the guilt faded and I just eat normally during Ramadan.

What about you? How old are you? Do you continue to hide and eat?
Original post by FahzB
I haven't moved out, I'm 17, 18 on the 30th.
I renounce Islam around the age of 12-13, after having realised that I never believed in God at all. My family weren't completely strict as I progressed to secondary school, no more useless arabic reading and other Islamic related things except for my stupid father who (this agitates me to the core) would specifically preach to me and bring me books titled 'Athiests converting to Islam' and 'Muslim answers for 10 most common Athiest questions'. I used to fast alongside them because I used to feel guilty but since two years ago, I stopped caring and the guilt faded and I just eat normally during Ramadan.

What about you? How old are you? Do you continue to hide and eat?
I'm 23 now, would move out if I had enough money. I mean I did actually fast quite a bit until the last few years then i thought, it's not like I'm committing a crime by eating/drinking so just did. However I do have to hide it as my parents were quite strict on that considering I kept on getting woken up during the middle of the night to eat. I guess I sort of have to respect their wishes since I still live in their house & they raised me & stuff. I don't I think ever truly believed Islam was the truth though, & don't feel as if I ever will & don't feel guilty about that either. My life is life & their life is theirs at the end of the day.
Original post by childofthesun
Great. Super excited

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432678256.444692.jpg

I can feel the enthusiasm :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending