The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by janey101
It's very relaxed at teesside. Just relax and remember why you want to be a paramedic. Show you know common core values and the 6 cs and that you can work with the public.
Good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you haha, what kind of clothes did you / other people generally wear for the interview (I'm a girl)
Reply 81
I wore a knee length skirt, tights and a striped shirt with my hair pulled back. Just as long as you look smart and presentable it doesn't really matter what you wear. I would say minimal make up, and no nail varnish on tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard anything back from unis...I submitted on the 2nd November.
Original post by Nickko99
Anyone heard anything back from unis...I submitted on the 2nd November.

I sent mine off on the 2nd as well I think, I've had a decline from Hertfordshire which I expected so don't really know why I applied:redface:

Haven't heard from my other 4 though
Reply 84
Original post by spencer_param
I sent mine off on the 2nd as well I think, I've had a decline from Hertfordshire which I expected so don't really know why I applied:redface:

Haven't heard from my other 4 though

Sorry to hear that you had a rejection. How did you expect it, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by MrHarry
Sorry to hear that you had a rejection. How did you expect it, if you don't mind me asking?

I think unless you really have loads of experience in that kind of role, rejections for this course are high! But I was below the grade entry requirements slightly, was just being optimistic when applying!
I think unless you really have loads of experience in that kind of role, rejections for this course are high! But I was below the grade entry requirements slightly, was just being optimistic when applying!

And how much experience do you have ? And where else did you apply ?
(edited 8 years ago)
And how much experience do you have ?

For the course specifically in a care home and the air ambulance and have been working in a shop for 3 years
@Nickko99 I saw you have loads so you should be fine
I'm just tagging in my friend who's applying for paramedic science! He's been trying to find this thread for a while now.

Good luck everyone!:h:
For the course specifically in a care home and the air ambulance and have been working in a shop for 3 years

Air ambulance ?! You been out on shift with them ? Ive only been out in an ambo and an RRV. Oh and how old are you ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Air ambulance ?! You been out on shift with them ? Ive only been out in an ambo and an RRV. Oh and how old are you ?

Had an observer shift. That's good I think ambulance experience is hard to get, I'm 21
Had an observer shift. That's good I think ambulance experience is hard to get, I'm 21

Ah mate thats jammin, I'm envious af
Original post by dragonsonmars
I'm just tagging in my friend who's applying for paramedic science! He's been trying to find this thread for a while now.

Good luck everyone!:h:

We do teach Paramedic Science at our University. If your friend would like to find out more about us, he could come to our Open Day this Saturday from 9am to 3pm. To register, he will need to visit www.bcu.ac.uk/opendays
Hey guys, I've got 3 interviews lined up for Paramedic Science, how's everyone else doing?
Original post by SolStott
Hey guys, I've got 3 interviews lined up for Paramedic Science, how's everyone else doing?

Where ? and when did you apply ?
At Surrey, East Anglia and Brighton and I applied like 5 weeks ago
Original post by SolStott
At Surrey, East Anglia and Brighton and I applied like 5 weeks ago

Solid
Reply 98
How is it that people are already receiving rejections, and interviews? Is it that the rejections are where they don't meet the minimum requirements?
Reply 99
It's nice to see this thread actually becoming active!

Quick Reply

Latest