The Student Room Group

Why does everyone care about women's insecurities but not men's?

I always hear loads in the media about female confidence, body image, perfection how to be etc and mainly its from other women not men, just look in any woman's magazine

Men have exactly the same issues, it seems okay to insult a man for his looks weight etc than a woman's, if anything we have more prove and we the hunters and women 9/10 get attention no matter what they look like, call a girl fat and the waterworks happen, her friends will hunt you down tell you how terrible but if you do it to a guy it doesn't matter like so what, like that man hasn't got feelings.

There is no such thing as a ugly stud because women only select guys with the certain look. even the ugliest girl can still get laid because men will **** anything and tend to way less fussy.

Women bang on about body image and this new wave of BBW women but what about men? Men have the same insecurities as women, taking clothes off in front of other people, having to look a certain way especially with six packs.

Men should have the same approach as women for confidence and shouldn't be ignored or made fun of.
James corden? Al Murray? Peter Kay? They've never had those problems. So I'd suggest to men that there is more to life than six packs and pull ups
When the **** is it okay to insult a man or anyone for that matter? When? Pipe down with the misandry melodramatics.
Original post by shawn_o1
James corden? Al Murray? Peter Kay? They've never had those problems. So I'd suggest to men that there is more to life than six packs and pull ups

No. You need to suggest that to women, so they can stop looking for it and so men can stop aiming for it. Not that there's anything wrong with not sitting on your dirty fat ass.
Original post by LonelyDemon
I always hear loads in the media about female confidence, body image, perfection how to be etc and mainly its from other women not men, just look in any woman's magazine

Men have exactly the same issues, it seems okay to insult a man for his looks weight etc than a woman's, if anything we have more prove and we the hunters and women 9/10 get attention no matter what they look like, call a girl fat and the waterworks happen, her friends will hunt you down tell you how terrible but if you do it to a guy it doesn't matter like so what, like that man hasn't got feelings.

There is no such thing as a ugly stud because women only select guys with the certain look. even the ugliest girl can still get laid because men will **** anything and tend to way less fussy.

Women bang on about body image and this new wave of BBW women but what about men? Men have the same insecurities as women, taking clothes off in front of other people, having to look a certain way especially with six packs.

Men should have the same approach as women for confidence and shouldn't be ignored or made fun of.

What insecurities?
I don't hang around the body-builder zone enough to care!
Do these insecurities occur when you actually care what other people think?
Sorry but as I don't care about how people see me, only how they act towards me, I doubt it matters that much.
See thread about making statements about a group of people instead of supposedly asking a question to them....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3355275
(edited 8 years ago)
Because female society is based on fluid hierarchies while male society is based on fixed ones.

Among women, a show of weakness (weakness being any behaviour which highlights low social market value) will elicit solidarity from other women as they know your star may rise in fairly short order and the solidarity can be used as the basis for an alliance that will pay dividends at that time. In the short term, women may also trash the weak woman when in the company of social superiors of whom they are clients - but this will be kept private or at least plausibly deniable.

With men a show of weakness will be used as an opportunity to reinforce the hierarchy: since there is very little chance of the weak man rising through the ranks, there is very little benefit in extending solidarity - while there is benefit in cutting him down, because it distracts the attention of those on higher levels in the hierarchy. It is done openly and summarily.

Women are better at collectivising than men for this reason, even at the expense of progress, while men are better at getting things done, even at the expense of some of the group. This is why the feminist movement exists at all, why you see sympathetic articles in the press by women about women, and why successful feminism allies itself with the redistributive left while (moderately) successful masculism allies itself with libertarian individualism.
Original post by Bag of Peanuts
No. You need to suggest that to women, so they can stop looking for it and so men can stop aiming for it. Not that there's anything wrong with not sitting on your dirty fat ass.

Women do actually look for that sort of physique (maybe not when hormone-crazed teenagers). It's the media which tries to convince you otherwise.

Of course it is all a bit more complicated with women as marginally speaking they like one type of physique when on and one when off. Insofar as it actually makes any difference, you need to look at whether you want monogamy or casual sex.

There is also the route of, shock horror, doing what you want with your body regardless of what women are after in what is after all a very marginal sense. You will trust the market to deliver you organically a woman who likes what you're about and vice versa.
Original post by Bag of Peanuts

Can't force a change in sexual preferences. Roll with this:

Original post by scrotgrot

There is also the route of, shock horror, doing what you want with your body regardless of what women are after in what is after all a very marginal sense. You will trust the market to deliver you organically a woman who likes what you're about and vice versa.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Can't force a change in sexual preferences. Roll with this:

Nah, of course not. But there are women who don't arbitrarily date buff muscular men just because they find it attractive. Some women actually find it repulsive, even if it is new age to do so. We all know women are losing their minds, letting being independent intercede with their decision making in relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest