The Student Room Group

After how many lessons should you be moving off from home?

Scroll to see replies

Mine was my second lesson. I was nervous but my instructor encouraged me and I'm so glad she did.
I started from my second lesson onwards, was never a problem. I realise not everyone is going to pick it up that quickly but only having gone up to 2nd and covered the basics after 15 hours is ridiculous. Get a new instructor immediately - I guarantee you, if you get a new instructor and you told them everything you've learned in 15 lessons, they'll be shocked.
Original post by princesskimana
Just wondering because I've had about 15 and haven't done so, just learnt to move off, stop, left turns, right turns, 3 point turns and some reversing
I feel like I'm just repeating the same thing over and over and have only been in 2 gears. Is this normal?

Dear me, I don't think anyone is that bad a driver to spend 15 lessons and barely leave the house. I think you need to change instructor (dude is ripping you off), maybe put in a complaint as well.

And why has it taken you 15 lessons to ask a question? That's what, £20 a lesson.
I don't mean to sound, well, mean. Just genuinely surprised.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I started from my second lesson onwards, was never a problem. I realise not everyone is going to pick it up that quickly but only having gone up to 2nd and covered the basics after 15 hours is ridiculous. Get a new instructor immediately - I guarantee you, if you get a new instructor and you told them everything you've learned in 15 lessons, they'll be shocked.

Lol I've done just that as of last week and the new instructor was shocked and said I should complain because it's shocking and they would have expected me to do all 4 manouvres with roundabouts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending