The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Linked Pair Methods in Mathematics

Is anyone else doing Methods in mathematics for the AQA GCSE Linked Pair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did you find the exam?
I found today's exam pretty good actually except for the very last question, and I found Unit 1 was fine as well. How about you?
Reply 3
Does anyone remember what they got for the volume of the cylinder question. I remember getting something like 18,000π which seems stupidly big. Did anyone else get that?
Reply 4
Yeh, pretty much the same. The last question was impossible :/
Original post by yeh1
Does anyone remember what they got for the volume of the cylinder question. I remember getting something like 18,000π which seems stupidly big. Did anyone else get that?

It is 18,000π. My teacher done the paper after the exam and gave us solutions :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by joviallwrnc
It is 18,000π. My teacher done the paper after the exam and gave us solutions :biggrin:

Thank God! I was worrying about that one
What grade are you hoping for?
Reply 8
Was it also 1.5n^2 - 0.5n + 3 for the nth term question? That's the only other answer I can remember.
Reply 9

Hopefully an A* in both, but I'm not too sure I'll get one in Applications though... A2 is just so much harder that the others imho.
Reply 10

What are you predicted?
last question was 2.4, i remember the working out as well if anyone really wants it
Reply 12
Original post by fireextingusherw
last question was 2.4, i remember the working out as well if anyone really wants it

If you don't mind, I wouldn't mind the working - or at least the final parts to see if I would get any compensation marks for the question.

Was there any quadratic equations involved?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yeh1

i got that too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by zaras0001
i got that too :smile:

Sweet :smile:

Do you also think you got 1.5n^2 - 0.5n + 3 for the nth term question? Im kinda worrying about this one :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yeh1
Sweet :smile:

Do you also think you got 1.5n^2 - 0.5n + 3 for the nth term question? Im kinda worrying about this one :/

yeh i think thats right aswell because i asked people what they got for it after the exam and alot of people said they got that :smile:
Reply 16
yeh i think thats right aswell because i asked people what they got for it after the exam and alot of people said they got that :smile:

Fingers crossed :biggrin:
Original post by yeh1
Fingers crossed :biggrin:

also how did you work out the area of the trapezium? i got an answer but i dont know if it was right :s-smilie:
Reply 18
also how did you work out the area of the trapezium? i got an answer but i dont know if it was right :s-smilie:

I can't really remember the figures but I split it into a triangle and a square and used SOH CAH TOA on the triangle. Then I used tan(60) =0pposite/Adjacent to find the bottom distance. Then, I added the 10(?) to this figure and used the equation 0.5(a+b)h to find the area.

Sorry, but I can't remember my answer at all :frown:
Reply 19

I think I might have put 161.4. Not sure if it was right tho :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending