The Student Room Group

Wjec ICT A2 Level- IT3 Exam (23rd June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wadeyboy101
Ive gotten my hands on a doc with every past question for the exam if you think it will help?

That's great thanks
Reply 61
Original post by Commentator
could someone write a good answer for disaster recovery programme on paper jan 2013 question 10?!

A bank is reviewing its disaster recovery programme. Other than risks, explain with reasons three factors, which should be included in a disaster recovery programme. (6 Marks)

The three factors that should be included in a disaster recovery programme are; the cost, whereby an organisation has to consider how much it will cost to repair the hardware and whether they can be able to re-install a software. This means that the company has to set up a budget. Another factor is personnel, responsibilities and training. This will involve defining the staff code of conduct to the employees. For example, explaining that sending abusive emails or spreading rumours is violating the code of conduct. It will also involve making sure that routines for distributing updated virus information and virus scanning procedures is done regularly in order to ensure that the staff are aware of how to deal with viruses and how to avoid them. Lastly, backup procedures should be included because the company needs to decide how often the backups should be done, where the backups should be stored and also create a backup policy that secures the data so that it can be recovered later.

That is how I would answer the question. It is not the best response but I think its okay. Please feel free to check it and see if it’s correct or if it needs a detailed answer. Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by nyash96
A bank is reviewing its disaster recovery programme. Other than risks, explain with reasons three factors, which should be included in a disaster recovery programme. (6 Marks)

The three factors that should be included in a disaster recovery programme are; the cost, whereby an organisation has to consider how much it will cost to repair the hardware and whether they can be able to re-install a software. This means that the company has to set up a budget. Another factor is personnel, responsibilities and training. This will involve defining the staff code of conduct to the employees. For example, explaining that sending abusive emails or spreading rumours is violating the code of conduct. It will also involve making sure that routines for distributing updated virus information and virus scanning procedures is done regularly in order to ensure that the staff are aware of how to deal with viruses and how to avoid them. Lastly, backup procedures should be included because the company needs to decide how often the backups should be done, where the backups should be stored and also create a backup policy that secures the data so that it can be recovered later.

That is how I would answer the question. It is not the best response but I think its okay. Please feel free to check it and see if it’s correct or if it needs a detailed answer. Hope this helps. :smile:

thanks it helps a lot. struggle with remembering this topic so much!
If you need any help, ask and ill try helping! :ahee:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 63
thanks it helps a lot. struggle with remembering this topic so much!
If you need any help, ask and ill try helping! :ahee:

I know it is one of the hardest topics i think. and yeah sure no probs.
Just finished typing up a powerpoint with all content for this course and WJEC definitions

Also here are some other great resources
Original post by jamescalebsmith
Just finished typing up a powerpoint with all content for this course and WJEC definitions

(More resources)
Reply 66

(More resources)

Oh thank you so much. I have had a quick look at them and they look really helpful. I will definitely have a look at them. As well I just wanted to ask. Now that you have made the notes on all topics, how will you revise? Will you try and memorize them or will you just read through the notes? I just want advice on how to revise because I made notes and I just wanted to know what is the best way of revising with notes?
:smile:
Original post by nyash96
Oh thank you so much. I have had a quick look at them and they look really helpful. I will definitely have a look at them. As well I just wanted to ask. Now that you have made the notes on all topics, how will you revise? Will you try and memorize them or will you just read through the notes? I just want advice on how to revise because I made notes and I just wanted to know what is the best way of revising with notes?
:smile:

No worries, I'm going though the mark schemes and answering the WJEC way, and then I will look at the question again and try to answer it without looking at the mark scheme, so just testing my knowledge the whole time! But yes I will be going through my notes as well
Reply 68
No worries, I'm going though the mark schemes and answering the WJEC way, and then I will look at the question again and try to answer it without looking at the mark scheme, so just testing my knowledge the whole time! But yes I will be going through my notes as well

Oh right okay. Thank you
Original post by nyash96
Oh right okay. Thank you

let me know how you are revising
Reply 70
let me know how you are revising

I have made flashcards for definitions. so i have been learning them everyday on my way to college and back home. Then at the moment i will usethe resources that you posted on here and i will answer each question topic by topic then i will mark it to see if it is correct.
Reply 71
Has anybody got access to a 2011 past paper ?
Original post by nyash96
I have made flashcards for definitions. so i have been learning them everyday on my way to college and back home. Then at the moment i will usethe resources that you posted on here and i will answer each question topic by topic then i will mark it to see if it is correct.

Sounds great
Original post by nyash96
Has anybody got access to a 2011 past paper ?

which one do you want?
has anybody got the 2010 January and June past papers? I have the mark schemes but not the questions
Thank you for this PowerPoint, exactly what I was looking for this whole time! What I'm doing is rewriting the bits that are in specification in simple mind maps and when I'm done with all specification I will proceed to do past papers, compare my answers from the mind maps to the ones in marking schemes and then memorize everything I can based on those. I did the same for this year's June 1st AS exam I was retaking and I believe it worked well for me and I did way better than last year how I see it, but I'll find out only in August. For now, rewriting and memorizing at the same time works for me.
I'm just revising by doing all past paper questions from 2010-2014 which will be done by today and then saturday and sunday, I'm just revising mark schemes because they're the exact same for the same question.

Where di you get the parts about analysis in SDLC and stuff from when it hasn't been in previous papers?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RocketRacer
Thank you for this PowerPoint, exactly what I was looking for this whole time! What I'm doing is rewriting the bits that are in specification in simple mind maps and when I'm done with all specification I will proceed to do past papers, compare my answers from the mind maps to the ones in marking schemes and then memorize everything I can based on those. I did the same for this year's June 1st AS exam I was retaking and I believe it worked well for me and I did way better than last year how I see it, but I'll find out only in August. For now, rewriting and memorizing at the same time works for me.

No worries, ok thanks man :smile:
Where di you get the parts about analysis in SDLC and stuff from when it hasn't been in previous papers?

It's on the syllabus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending