The Student Room Group

AQA Business A2- BUSS 3

Hi, anyone taking Buss 3 on the 10th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a D last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Really need some help, how to structure exam questions etc. Thanks, would be much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamescalebsmith
Hi, anyone taking Buss 3 on the 10th June? Would people like to share their revision resources? What is likely to come up? Calculations etc.? How you guys are revising for the exam? I got a D last time round in this exam, and am hoping to get an A this time around!

Really need some help, how to structure exam questions etc. Thanks, would be much appreciated

1. This question can either be a calculation or a simple "Analyse two reasons why..." question.
2/3. These questions can be fairly simple if you use the correct structure. Define the key term in the question then go straight into it. A good point for and a good point against and a decisive conclusion is enough to get full marks. Remember to link each point back to the question at the end of a paragraph. Also, it can be beneficial to do a few sentences of evaluation (short term vs long term; it depends on) at the end of each point, as you could gain 3 or 4 evaluation marks before you get to the conclusion.
4. This is a longer question, but still similar to 2 and 3. If you have time, do 4 points (2 for 2 against) and make each point one of the 4 main areas, which are Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations Management. However if you do not have enough time for 4, just do three points. The good thing about this paper is that once you are in the band for "GOOD" analysis and application you cannot go down again, so if you do a fantastic point followed by 2 rubbish ones, you will still get top marks.

To conclude, time management is essential in this exam, make sure you give yourself enough time for question 4, as it is worth nearly half of the marks on the exam.

Hope this has helped, good luck :smile:

also in terms of revision material, this presentation gives a good overview of each section of the syllabus

http://www.slideshare.net/LauraKPowell/business-unit-3-revision-aqa
That looks very good! I've been using the tutor 2 u powerpoints
Thanks for the structure, so question 4, you need to include all four main areas in?
Thanks for the structure, so question 4, you need to include all four main areas in?

Also do you have a list of the formulas needed for Buss 3, (not the ones they give you at the start of the exam), but the simpler formulas, thanks

You don't need to, but it helps with the structure by relating each point to a certain area. But if you notice, there are 4 questions on buss 3, and the first three are usually specific to one of the areas. So q1 may be an equation (finance) q2 may be about critical path analysis (ops man) and q3 may be about marketing objectives. This leaves HR, so it is important that you talk about HR in q4 if you get me :smile:
Also do you have a list of the formulas needed for Buss 3, (not the ones they give you at the start of the exam), but the simpler formulas, thanks

i use this, which i find quite useful

http://www.cram.com/flashcards/business-studies-aqa-buss3-formulas-2900479
Original post by tomscfc999
You don't need to, but it helps with the structure by relating each point to a certain area. But if you notice, there are 4 questions on buss 3, and the first three are usually specific to one of the areas. So q1 may be an equation (finance) q2 may be about critical path analysis (ops man) and q3 may be about marketing objectives. This leaves HR, so it is important that you talk about HR in q4 if you get me :smile:

Thanks mate, awesome! any ideas for what's going to come up?

wicked thanks!
Thanks mate, awesome! any ideas for what's going to come up?

no idea pal, guessing questions is a dangerous game! better off just learning everything
Reply 11

Thanks that was quite useful to test myself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now that Buss 2 is over, how is everyone revising for Buss 3, topics likely to come up? Calculations? Revision resources?
Is there a BUSS4 thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope critical path analysis doesn't come up! That is a total mindfu** 😂 but i think all the calculations are easy all BUSS units.

Just need more info on theories like Porter? I know all of the Unit 2 theories. Could someone give me notes on BUSS3 AND 4 theories?

Thaaaanks! C:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diamondluck
I really hope critical path analysis doesn't come up! That is a total mindfu** 😂 but i think all the calculations are easy all BUSS units.

Just need more info on theories like Porter? I know all of the Unit 2 theories. Could someone give me notes on BUSS3 AND 4 theories?

Thaaaanks! C:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely go over CPA, got a feeling it may come up!! Does Porter come up in Buss 3? I think you may have to make your own Buss 4 thread
I would definitely go over CPA, got a feeling it may come up!! Does Porter come up in Buss 3? I think you may have to make your own Buss 4 thread

Omg no don't say that 😂😭😭
Yeah Porter is unit 3 I'm pretty sure since unit 2 is only 4 people (Maslow, Herzberg, Mayo and Taylor)
And okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diamondluck
Omg no don't say that 😂😭😭
Yeah Porter is unit 3 I'm pretty sure since unit 2 is only 4 people (Maslow, Herzberg, Mayo and Taylor)
And okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good chance it will come up, so best to learn it
Reply 18
Does anyone have the january 2011 unit 3 paper?? I can only find the mark scheme online , would really appreciate it if anyone can please post the link.
Where can I see a drawn-up version of the re-calculated CPA in the june 2010 BUSS3 paper? The markscheme does not show it for some reason

Quick Reply

Latest