The Student Room Group

How much do you spend per week/month at uni?

What part of the country are you in?

Do you live in halls / a house / how much is your accommodation?

How much do you spend on other things?

What's your total outgoings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hello, are you looking at going off to uni? Where abouts are you thinking off going?
Reply 2
Original post by Ross63
Hello, are you looking at going off to uni? Where abouts are you thinking off going?

Hi, I will be staying at Essex Uni, in halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lewif002
What part of the country are you in?

Do you live in halls / a house / how much is your accommodation?

How much do you spend on other things?

What's your total outgoings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

North East, living in halls (£98 pw). Spend about 20 quid a week on food etc. Living in a house next year that's £82 a week, will still spend 20 a week on food.

Extra costs: software subscription = £14/month and phone bill = £13/month.
Reply 4
Original post by AlphaDog0127
North East, living in halls (£98 pw). Spend about 20 quid a week on food etc. Living in a house next year that's £82 a week, will still spend 20 a week on food.

Extra costs: software subscription = £14/month and phone bill = £13/month.

Is your food bill luxurious? Or do you just eat pasta/chicken and noodles all the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is your food bill luxurious? Or do you just eat pasta/chicken and noodles all the time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not chicken and pasta all of the time :biggrin: I tend to cook things that don't take much time so quite a lot of stirfry/salad. Pancakes!!! Can easily make full English breakfast, omelettes, homemade pizza etc.

I just buy things when it's cheap/reduced because it can still last days after the best before date or if me and a flatmate both want something we will split it like smoked salmon or 14 slices of bacon for 1.50 can last ages.

Went into the likes of Tesco at about 5:30pm when everything got reduced down at the end of the week, 2 steak pies for 33p each and 4 New York bagels for 16p!
Reply 6
Hi, I will be staying at Essex Uni, in halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im guessing you are going to be in self catered halls?
Try and have a look on the Essex university page on here for the cost of living and your accommodation. It will give you a better idea of what bills you will have to pay and this will let you know what spending money you will have left.

As the message above says, shopping later on Sundays is best to make the most of bargains from personal experiences.
Way more than I ****ing should! D:
£300 per month, excluding rent.

So just under £100 per week, would have been more but I was putting £200 into savings every month too, I got by fine. Had a lot more money than others at university.

My student loan covered my rent, which was £150 p/w. The money I lived off was from my job.
Reply 9
rent for my current house is £267 a month, next years house is £300 a month. bills are around £40 per person per month.

Food costs have varied but it's around £20 a week. I don't really drink much so a large bottle of vodka will last me a semester- again its a one of purchase

diet is healthy- have to be on a low carb high protein diet :smile: so I tend to avoid to stereotypical student foods

(UEA, Norwich)
Per month:

Basics
Rent: £360
Food: £100
Phone: £24
Course Materials: £20

Extras
Spotify: £5
Game: £3.20
Adobe Creative Cloud: £17

Total: £529

I earn £620 a month from work and also get student finance, so I run about a £3500 surplus each year. That way I can get a few nice things - for instance this year I'm saving to go to Australia in 2016.

Cheers

RF
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Way more than I ****ing should! D:

And how much is that?
Original post by chem@uni
And how much is that?
Dunno - about £80-120 a week on food/going out (going out mostly).
Reply 13
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Dunno - about £80-120 a week on food/going out (going out mostly).

I hope that's including Accomodation?!?! £120 per week on food and going out?!?! That's nearly £20 per day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spend about £230 per week I'm here including everything, so rent (including the cost over the holidays), flights and trains, food and other disposables, going out, hobbies and the occasional luxury. But I eat out a lot and generally buy more expensive food stuffs, also live in quite an expensive flat, then my travel costs are about £400 per year, maybe a little more,
I hope that's including Accomodation?!?! £120 per week on food and going out?!?! That's nearly £20 per day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Naah, accommodation £115 per week aha. But accommodation is paid in installments.

I know; it's ridiculous. That's been happens for about 3 weeks. But I'm back at home for 3 weeks now so I won't be spending a dime!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending