The Student Room Group

Postal stamps become so expensive

I collect postcards today I went to the post office it was £1 per postcard I am devestated the cost used to be like 80p or a bit less then rose to 90p I don't think i can continue collecting postcards anymore Or I will have to reduce the amount I send I mostly send postcards all over europe and Asia often to China,Russia,Netherlands,Germany, Do you think the postal cost is expensive i wanted to send a envelope with 4 postcards to Ukraine they wanted 3.40£ for it I guess its 60p cheaper if I sent them without envelope but still. I wish they had coupons or loyalty cards or some sort of discounts. I am a regular at my post office.

Scroll to see replies

Shouldn't have voted Tory then.
Reply 2
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Shouldn't have voted Tory then.

I didn't vote tory because I can't vote and because I like Labour not TORY!!!
Devestated? Over 20p?

No I don't think the service is expensive for what you get, you can send postcards hundreds of miles away for a few quid...not exactly my idea of expensive.
Reply 4
Original post by Maria1812
I didn't vote tory because I can't vote and because I like Labour not TORY!!!

:hugs:
I voted labour but they lost:frown:
Five more years of struggle for us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
:hugs:
I voted labour but they lost:frown:
Five more years of struggle for us

Posted from TSR Mobile

No more handouts? Ahhh bless.

Debts are over 90% over gdp. It doesn't matter who is in charge, our generation is screwed :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Send an email.
You just wait until the Royal Mail starts stealing your parcels :cry2:
Reply 8
Original post by SophieSmall
Devestated? Over 20p?

No I don't think the service is expensive for what you get, you can send postcards hundreds of miles away for a few quid...not exactly my idea of expensive.

Well if i send like 100-200+ postcards a year thats something
Well if i send like 100-200+ postcards a year thats something

So because you send far more mail than the average person you expect post to be cheaper? If they made post cheap for people sending that much mail they wouldn't make any money.
Reply 10
Original post by SophieSmall
So because you send far more mail than the average person you expect post to be cheaper? If they made post cheap for people sending that much mail they wouldn't make any money.

Kind of like a coupon or discount for loyalty or something liek that like sainsbury has a nectar card I would like a post office version of that
Kind of like a coupon or discount for loyalty or something liek that like sainsbury has a nectar card I would like a post office version of that

Then write them a letter.
Original post by Maid Marian
You just wait until the Royal Mail starts stealing your parcels :cry2:

What did you lose?
Original post by Friar Chris
What did you lose?

Some chocolates, I believe.
Original post by Friar Chris
What did you lose?

I weaved two people lovely pretty Easter baskets out of coloured paper at Easter and filled them with all the best Easter chocolates, Lindt, Guylian, Kinder, Cadbury, Galaxy, Maltesers. Then I had to make boxes for them both out of thick cardboard, then I papered them in brown paper and wrote "FRAGILE, THIS WAY UP" all over them in black and red pen.

The Royal Mail probably guessed I had slaved over them so took them just to be like HAHAHA:hahaha:
Or they could smell the chocolates and were greedy:cry2:

Original post by keromedic
Some chocolates, I believe.

They weren't just "some chocolates" :angry:
I weaved two people lovely pretty Easter baskets out of coloured paper at Easter and filled them with all the best Easter chocolates, Lindt, Guylian, Kinder, Cadbury, Galaxy, Maltesers. Then I had to make boxes for them both out of thick cardboard, then I papered them in brown paper and wrote "FRAGILE, THIS WAY UP" all over them in black and red pen.

The Royal Mail probably guessed I had slaved over them so took them just to be like HAHAHA:hahaha:

had you ermmm enjoyed the Kinder Eggs before you sent them off ? :holmes:
Original post by the bear
had you ermmm enjoyed the Kinder Eggs before you sent them off ? :holmes:

They weren't Kinder Eggs I sent off :naughty: :colonhash: :pierre:

Well one basket arrived :pierre:
I'm sure you can get a discount if you send loadsss, but I would imagine that is only for large organisations really?
Reply 19
Original post by Inexorably
I'm sure you can get a discount if you send loadsss, but I would imagine that is only for large organisations really?

Unfortunately only for big companies only

Quick Reply

Latest