The Student Room Group

Boyfriend doesn't take my sexuality seriously

I'm bisexual and my boyfriend says that he's fine if I sleep with girls while I'm with him but not guys. I don't want to sleep with anyone while I'm with him anyway, but it annoyed me. It seems like he doesn't take it seriously that I'm just attracted to girls and just as likely to want a relationship with a girl as with a guy. I've tried explaining this to him but he just stops the conversation. What should I do?
He probably just doesn't know how to act. I'm sure he'd hate it if you did cheat on him with another girl.

Why else would he stop conversations about you sleeping with/wanting a relationship with other people...
Original post by C_tinie_D
He probably just doesn't know how to act. I'm sure he'd hate it if you did cheat on him with another girl.

Why else would he stop conversations about you sleeping with/wanting a relationship with other people...

No he actually said to me he'd be fine if I slept with another girl, and I said I didn't want to sleep with anyone else anyway but didn't he see the issue with that and he just got mad at me and stopped talking :/
Reply 3
Is it that he doesn't understand what being with a bisexual is ? or is it the fact that he likes the idea of you being with a girl at the same time as he might get some benefit from it? Many men I have spoke to who are attracted to someone bisexual want their partner to get with a girl as they like the idea of being with the both of you at the same time. it's just a thought. I would say sit him down and explain what being with you entails. show him that you wouldn't like it if he was with someone while being with you and that if you were straight you being with someone else would not be allowed. Then ask him why it is any different because you are bisexual. Just explain to him that you are not going to be with someone else while with him and if he doesn't understand being with you is like any straight relationship then why should you be together. Hope this helped just a few thoughts. Good luck :smile:
Original post by KrazyK18
Is it that he doesn't understand what being with a bisexual is ? or is it the fact that he likes the idea of you being with a girl at the same time as he might get some benefit from it? Many men I have spoke to who are attracted to someone bisexual want their partner to get with a girl as they like the idea of being with the both of you at the same time. it's just a thought. I would say sit him down and explain what being with you entails. show him that you wouldn't like it if he was with someone while being with you and that if you were straight you being with someone else would not be allowed. Then ask him why it is any different because you are bisexual. Just explain to him that you are not going to be with someone else while with him and if he doesn't understand being with you is like any straight relationship then why should you be together. Hope this helped just a few thoughts. Good luck :smile:

Thanks I think I'll try to talk to him about it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending