The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Nearest supermarkets to Keele uni campus?

Hi

Does anyone know what the nearest supermarkets are and how far they are? Do most people order their groceries online? I have food intolerances so I'll probably struggle to source gluten and lactose free alternatives in the shops on campus.

Thanks for any help in advance 😄
Reply 1
The nearest is Morrisons in Newcastle town centre, they also have a Sainsburys and there is a Tesco about 4 miles away,
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Literally 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes in a car or on a bus, newcastle town centre which has morrisons and sainsburys and lidl
My flat made the mistake of walking to Morrisons on our first day last year. It was a great bonding experience but carrying all of our shopping back was a nightmare haha.

Keele can encourage you to be lazy and as a result a lot of people order their shopping online, I did. I would recommend instead that you just get the bus to Morrisons down the road, 5 minutes or so away because it is good to get off campus once in a while.

So, 5 minutes away from campus there is Morrisons and Aldi. Just a little bit further is Lidl, and in the town center which is a 10 minute bus journey you'll find various shops that you could also go to. Plenty to choose from really :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks guys for the useful info xx

Quick Reply

Latest