The Student Room Group

AQA AS level english language

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strangelove MD
Usually I try to pick out 3 groups, i.e. Texts A, B and C all have a closed audience, then list my evidence of this from each text and the effects. Then I follow each group up with a difference or two between the texts in my grouping, i.e. One difference in these three texts is that only texts A and B use.....

yeah, that sounds similar to what i have been attempting, just don't seem to have enough time to get it all down, and i often feel that i am repeating myself/points, thank you!:smile:
Original post by khaleesi20
so do u guys know if someone doing the Edexcel language AS ??

i dont, sorry!:frown:
Original post by christiemaryj
yeah, that sounds similar to what i have been attempting, just don't seem to have enough time to get it all down, and i often feel that i am repeating myself/points, thank you!:smile:

Yeah, timing is my main problem which leads to not focus enough on my power response which I then lose marks on :/
Original post by Strangelove MD
Yeah, timing is my main problem which leads to not focus enough on my power response which I then lose marks on :/

have you received my PM? i don't know wether it sent or not :smile:
Original post by christiemaryj
have you received my PM? i don't know wether it sent or not :smile:

Yup :smile:
How would u answer the question : how does child's semantic and lexical understanding develop as it grows older? I always use one of the 4 theories (behaviourist, etc) but can't use any of them for this😭 AQA A Spec
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by patricio_miguel
How would u answer the question : how does child's semantic and lexical understanding develop as it grows older? I always use one of the 4 theories (behaviourist, etc) but can't use any of them for this😭 AQA A Spec

This is an AS thread not A2. I do A2 so I may be able to help although I haven't revised English for ages haha. I'm guessing there's a text along with this question so it's hard to say without seeing it - is it speech, reading or writing? There's plenty of other theorists to go along with those other than the usual acquisition theories (Brown, Chall, Labov etc).
Original post by paigeloc
This is an AS thread not A2. I do A2 so I may be able to help although I haven't revised English for ages haha. I'm guessing there's a text along with this question so it's hard to say without seeing it - is it speech, reading or writing? There's plenty of other theorists to go along with those other than the usual acquisition theories (Brown, Chall, Labov etc).

This is AS related question ...question from 3years ago; I contacted them and they said they always ask for the theories despite how the question is worded. There are 4 theories which they expect you to know - behaviourist, Innateness, input and cognitive.
(edited 8 years ago)
This is AS related question ...question from 3years ago; I contacted them and they said they always ask for the theories despite how the question is worded. There are 4 theories which they expect you to know - behaviourist, Innateness, input and cognitive.

No it's definitely an A2 question lol everything you're mentioning is in the A2 syllabus.
Original post by paigeloc
No it's definitely an A2 question lol everything you're mentioning is in the A2 syllabus.

I know what I'm studying...this is an exam for specification FROM 2014. And we're the last ones to take it.
I know what I'm studying...this is an exam for specification FROM 2014. And we're the last ones to take it.

I'm not being malicious I'm simply helping you, I'm starting to think that you're trolling haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending