The Student Room Group

Why are girls always tired and in pain?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bassbabe
Bruh, looking nice is more important to us than comfort. Went to an outdoor party yesterday with no jacket because I didn't want to cover up my awesome tee. So I chose to freeze instead.

Well there you go. Don't complain when your nipples freeze off.
I recall a study which found that around 50% of the population was on prescribed medication and that men go to the doctor less which implies that more than half of women are taking a prescription.

What we can clearly draw from this is.. women are weaker than men both mentally and physically... shock, horror for this startling revelation.

I would say it's cultural though, people take paracetamol for the slightest thing.
Patriarchy
[video="youtube;85HT4Om6JT4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4[/video]
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
I would of said that boys are much more lazy than girls
Half their life is spent playing video games/ watching TV

I'm not saying girls are lazy just that they seem to need to nap constantly more than guys and always seem to be stressing about small/insignificant things, girls heads always seem to be 'done in' over the smallest of things that a lot of guys would just shrug off.
Lazy. :colonhash:
Original post by Rakas21
I recall a study which found that around 50% of the population was on prescribed medication and that men go to the doctor less which implies that more than half of women are taking a prescription.

What we can clearly draw from this is.. women are weaker than men both mentally and physically... shock, horror for this startling revelation.

I would say it's cultural though, people take paracetamol for the slightest thing.

Lmao how?Us being Physically weaker is an obvious one but mentally? Where did you read that?
Lmao how?Us being Physically weaker is an obvious one but mentally? Where did you read that?

Common perception, your more emotional and that makes you vulnerable.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well there you go. Don't complain when your nipples freeze off.

Honey I never complain. I just grin and bear it. I like it when you get all passive aggresive :colone:
Honey I never complain. I just grin and bear it. I like it when you get all passive aggresive :colone:

Me? :laugh:
Reply 30
Original post by Rakas21
Common perception, your more emotional and that makes you vulnerable.

"Weak" is a poor choice of word. Being emotional does not make someone weak and vulnerability is not the same as weakness. A lot of women may be more outwardly emotional than a lot of men but this does not make them weaker than men.
Original post by Andaxay
"Weak" is a poor choice of word. Being emotional does not make someone weak and vulnerability is not the same as weakness. A lot of women may be more outwardly emotional than a lot of men but this does not make them weaker than men.

This explains why men are afraid to show their emotions:frown:
Reply 32
Women complain more because society encourages and rewards it. When a man complains about being tired/sore/stressed/hating his boss/etc, people will (correctly) just tell him to stop whining and man up. But when a woman does it, she usually gets sympathy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have noticed overwhelmingly that girl seems to be more tired and always in pain in some way compared to guys, like I will see about 20 girls a day write on their Facebook about how they are in agony, how their stomach is hurting, head hurting, etc. Girls always seem to be tired and always napping too. I rarely see a guy have a 'power nap' in the middle of the day, but girls are always sleeping!

I can't count the amount of girls I've known and spoken to who have carried on a conversation or a text or something after taking a 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day or some kind of nap. And girls are always at the doctors or on pain killers for some reason or another.'OMG in so much pain right now' I see that every day on their status. LOL

Girls, why are you so tired and hurt all the time?

Estrogen makes them gain weight easier, it slows their metab, it raises stress levels, it's PMS, it's pregnancy, it makes them cold easier, it makes them sweat at night, etc. They say obese men have a higher estrogen level than average men, and obese women have a higher testosterone level than average women. Notice why so many obese (morbidly, especially) men get this baby voice and end up looking like big women? Notice why so many obese women get the deep voice and can be quite aggressive? Well take the estrogen obese men have and what it does to them overtime, and compare it to average women who have a high level of it anyway. They'll be tired and squealy 90% of the time.

In all fairness, before I click "submit," I see that it says "hurt all the time." I didn't read the OP. it could be total *******s, but giving you the benefit of the doubt, I responded because I like human biology. As far as hurt all the time, you're bordering on a feminist riot. "What's THAT supposed to mean?! :lockstock:"
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Me? :laugh:

Yassss you :flutter:
Better hope daenerys doesn't see this thread
I have noticed overwhelmingly that girl seems to be more tired and always in pain in some way compared to guys, like I will see about 20 girls a day write on their Facebook about how they are in agony, how their stomach is hurting, head hurting, etc. Girls always seem to be tired and always napping too. I rarely see a guy have a 'power nap' in the middle of the day, but girls are always sleeping!

I can't count the amount of girls I've known and spoken to who have carried on a conversation or a text or something after taking a 3 hour sleep in the middle of the day or some kind of nap. And girls are always at the doctors or on pain killers for some reason or another.'OMG in so much pain right now' I see that every day on their status. LOL

Girls, why are you so tired and hurt all the time?

I couldn't even go for a run yesterday without my stomach cramping badly I had to stop after a mile. I'm not on a period but leading up to one I still get cramps with exercise. It really affects my exercise routine, not being soft it cramps really hard. As for the napping Hm I do take naps during the day but only when I've not slept properly the night before. Maybe for some reason girls don't sleep as well at night. I know that afterr childbirth many women make do with 4 hours sleep and don't/can't have naps women tell me they just adjust to lack of sleep.
I'm not saying girls are lazy just that they seem to need to nap constantly more than guys and always seem to be stressing about small/insignificant things, girls heads always seem to be 'done in' over the smallest of things that a lot of guys would just shrug off.

It may be biologically adaptive for women not to just shrug things off. For example... the way the system is designed...it's very hard for a man to get a urinary tract infection, however they are one of most common reasons women see a GP. I've ignored initial UTI symptoms because I don't feel that bad and ended up extremely ill a few times with kidney infections (they can spread if left untreated).

It is unwise to ignore quite a few things, so if you complain (thus eliciting caregiving) chances are you will get prompt medicial attention, minimising the risk of not-serious-things becoming serious and serious things not killing you.
Im a girl and im never tired... in pain yes but thats from having a personal trainer for a sister
They tend to complain more.

Quick Reply

Latest