The Student Room Group

HMRC O/HO New recruits 2015 (after TSP applications)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by flyn786
Did. Anyone get their dbs yet?
I got mine today.posted to HR.fingers crossed!

Original post by zigzLeon
DBS came through; all clear! :biggrin:
it seems like it takes roughly 1 week to receive it.

did you guys posted it back using recorded delivery, they have already recieved mine. hopefully we'll get the confirmed offer next week :smile:
Original post by tsr15
did you guys posted it back using recorded delivery, they have already recieved mine. hopefully we'll get the confirmed offer next week :smile:

Yes, recorded delivery, i hope they offer soon.
Let us all know how soon after they make a formal offer - then it's NOTICE TIME lololol
Hi, I was off those who didn't get pass stage 2 but were told that I may be offered an EO role and was given a 'provisional' offer today at Dorset House in London. Anyone else been offered anything?
Reply 64
Original post by ali_surti
Hi, I was off those who didn't get pass stage 2 but were told that I may be offered an EO role and was given a 'provisional' offer today at Dorset House in London. Anyone else been offered anything?

I've just been offered my first choice location Nottingham for EO Tax Professional Role subject to checks, I didn't get pass Stage 2 either. Such a relief !!
Definitely a relief, I was thinking more along the lines of hearing anything at the end of June into July, I don't like how the offer is really vague, but I'm not complaining.
Reply 66
Original post by ali_surti
Definitely a relief, I was thinking more along the lines of hearing anything at the end of June into July, I don't like how the offer is really vague, but I'm not complaining.

Lol yh, I had such a positive shock, I was expecting July/August for the offer, was London your first choice location? Did you read the job description, most roles are customer facing, which I will need to get use to, but I'm not complaining.
Reply 67
Anyone else still waiting for their DBS certificate? Getting impatient knowing some have already got theirs and sent them off to HMRC.
Original post by QE5
I've just been offered my first choice location Nottingham for EO Tax Professional Role subject to checks, I didn't get pass Stage 2 either. Such a relief !!

Oioi QE5 congrats! See you in Nottingham! When's your start date, September?
Reply 69
Original post by djgdfjgjfhg

Thanks mate, soo relieved to get my first choice location of Nottingham, if I got Leeds, I would have had to decline. My starting date is 28th September 2015. Hopefully, the checks go through smoothly now and then see you in Nottingham.
Reply 70

BTW are you local to Nottingham or will you be relocating?
Original post by QE5
BTW are you local to Nottingham or will you be relocating?

I'm relocating, you? My start date's 1st September. PM me if you wanna exchange contact details or anything by the way!
Reply 72
First post here. I've also been offered EO in Nottingham. Was my second choice though. Have a big decision now as to whether I want to relocate.
Reply 73
I'm relocating, you? My start date's 1st September. PM me if you wanna exchange contact details or anything by the way!

Ok cool will do.
Reply 74
Original post by msc92
First post here. I've also been offered EO in Nottingham. Was my second choice though. Have a big decision now as to whether I want to relocate.

Congrats, What was your first choice location?
Reply 75
Original post by QE5
Congrats, What was your first choice location?

Thanks. Belfast was my first choice as living there atm. Went to uni in Nottingham and lived there for a bit after so was a good second choice for me but now I'm dreading the thought of moving again.
Reply 76
Original post by msc92
Thanks. Belfast was my first choice as living there atm. Went to uni in Nottingham and lived there for a bit after so was a good second choice for me but now I'm dreading the thought of moving again.

I'm in the same boat as you.. i'm in two minds about whether I should move out again to Portsmouth or just hold out for a job in London (where I live). I am bit gutted that I put more locations as my other choices but I didn't quite realise you could only just put one preferred location :frown:
Reply 77
Original post by Yoop
I'm in the same boat as you.. i'm in two minds about whether I should move out again to Portsmouth or just hold out for a job in London (where I live). I am bit gutted that I put more locations as my other choices but I didn't quite realise you could only just put one preferred location :frown:

Any particular reason on why you put down Portsmouth, as it some distance from London, I was dreading getting a location to where I would have to relocate, best of luck.
Reply 78
Original post by msc92

Wow Belfast, thats 400 miles away, wasn't their any other location, which would have been closer.
Reply 79
Hii I received an EO provisional offer today as well but it didn't say my location anywhere..Does anyone know how I could find out?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending