The Student Room Group

HMRC O/HO New recruits 2015 (after TSP applications)

Hey there!

Given that we all share our doubts and concerns with regard to the pre-appointment checks and further actions on the O/HO recruitment, I open this new thread to stop flooding the TSP thread.

In order to encourage communication among prospective colleagues, I build this list of users by location and start date as disclosed in the TSP thread.Please if you don't find yourself in the list or any of your info is not accurate repost it with your update.

The more people we are in the list, the easier it'll be to foster communication and ease our stress :smile:

UNDEFINED LOCATION
anon1001 (July '15)
betimon
Riggro
ses_251

BELFAST
davpmn89 (July '15)
TraineeAcc (January '16)

CARDIFF

EDINBURGH
xavier.v (July '15)

GLASGOW
CairnDA (January '16)

LEEDS
Kv_91

LONDON
4011seb (July '15)
ACM93 (July '15)
clairedz1234
Gurj (July '15)
flyn786
Minz211 (July '15)
phera
zigzLeon

MANCHESTER
JKAW1
rpadley11

NOTTINGHAM
bambi137 (October '15)
x00rebecca
dfgdfjgjfhg

And let's use this thread to give updates on your progress with checks and other stuff so we can all know if everything is going well with our applications!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As for the updates on the pre-appointment checks, I received a Health Form on May 22nd and send it back duly filled, with no further interaction.

I don't know if anybody has advanced further in the checks, if so, when was that, and was it automatic or after a call/email to Audrey?
Hey

Yeah I have completed my health check form now, I emailed Denise to send me a copy of the form as it wasn't attached in the initial email.

Have to wait for the Dbs now and hopefully everything should go through fine.

I only received the email today and I know a few others who are yet to hear anything. I don't think it's a cause for concern for anyone who hasn't heard anything yet, they must be doing everyone one by one

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an updated start date of July 2015 :-) good to have a new thread though I felt like we have somewhat hijacked the TSP one lol!

I went to assessment centre and think I filled in a fair few forms there. The only thing I've received to fill out is an Access NI form and that was received 2 weeks ago (or so) and it'll be about a week sent to them on Thursday with no new info.
(edited 8 years ago)
Loving the segregation lol! My start date's September 2015
Reply 5
Hi All,I am for HO; Location London; Start date 20 July 2015.I got an e-mail today informing me that my pre-employment checks have commenced and that my DBS has been sent off today and shortly thereafter I received a health questionnaire attachment which I have filled and submitted.My status has changed back to provisional offer which I think implies that pre-employment check have commenced. So hopefully an official offer next.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jay777
Hi All,I am for HO; Location London; Start date 20 July 2015.I got an e-mail today informing me that my pre-employment checks have commenced and that my DBS has been sent off today and shortly thereafter I received a health questionnaire attachment which I have filled and submitted.My status has changed back to provisional offer which I think implies that pre-employment check have commenced. So hopefully an official offer next.

Where in London jay? Central or greater?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Clairedz1234
Where in London jay? Central or greater?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Central and you?
Original post by Jay777
Central and you?

Greater London, do you know if there's more than just you starting in your office?

I'm afraid I'll be on my own or one of few because there's more than one office in both areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Greater London, do you know if there's more than just you starting in your office?

I'm afraid I'll be on my own or one of few because there's more than one office in both areas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't seen anyone else at my office.........I will be based at PS (scary with all them big wigs!)
Original post by Jay777
I haven't seen anyone else at my office.........I will be based at PS (scary with all them big wigs!)

Hopefully we're not loners, I'm not even sure what PS stands for :frown: sorry haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hopefully we're not loners, I'm not even sure what PS stands for :frown: sorry haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha so far I am the only one in Edinburgh as well, so we are now partners in our loneliness!
Original post by Xavier.V
Haha so far I am the only one in Edinburgh as well, so we are now partners in our loneliness!

Haha I wouldn't worry about Edinburgh, definitely won't be alone in that office!

Btw does your offer just say HO? Mine says "pay band HEO". Curious whether that's the department I'm in or whether that's the general name everyone got in ho roles I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Btw does your offer just say HO? Mine says "pay band HEO". Curious whether that's the department I'm in or whether that's the general name everyone got in ho roles I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Higher Executive Officer (HEO) is a grade in the Civil Service. Pay is usually in the region of 26-27k outside of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Browmer
Higher Executive Officer (HEO) is a grade in the Civil Service. Pay is usually in the region of 26-27k outside of London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel so stupid now! Haha thank you, that makes much more sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm outside London and offered £28,780
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha Parliament Street. Seems as if we will all be loners :smile:
Original post by TraineeAcc
I'm outside London and offered £28,780

And I reconfirmed this in an email btw just incase lol
Original post by Jay777
Haha Parliament Street. Seems as if we will all be loners :smile:

That's an amazing location right next to Big Ben, im so jealous!! My first choice was central London but I got my second location greater London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by TraineeAcc
And I reconfirmed this in an email btw just incase lol

Hi , when we will be updated for EO positions? Any ideas / new etc?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending