The Student Room Group

Best architecture universities in Australia.

Hello guys, do you have any idea which university is best to study architecture degree course in Australia? It will be very helpful if anyone can kindly respond to this question. Thank you in advance!
Reply 1
Please help...
I don't know about architecture specifically but ANU, U of Sydney, and U of Melbourne are typically considered the best generally. (This is probably unsurprising as they're located in the capital and two largest cities, respectively.)

Monash, UNSW and U of Queensland are all fairly good I hear as well. For architecture, anywhere that has reasonably good arts/humanities AND engineering rankings is probably a good indicator, as you'll probably have the most opportunities across all aspects of the subject/profession at those uni's.

ANU is probably the only one that has significant international "vision" though. Equally however unless you're Zaha Hadid, architecture is a pretty jurisdictional profession as the building regulations of any one country are likely to differ significantly, often in subtle ways, to another (and you won't have an office of 20 local guys to deal with these nitpicky details :P ).

Also, somewhat biased here but, Sydney is a great city to live in generally, so I recommend that :3
Reply 3
Original post by the artful lounger
I don't know about architecture specifically but ANU, U of Sydney, and U of Melbourne are typically considered the best generally. (This is probably unsurprising as they're located in the capital and two largest cities, respectively.)

Monash, UNSW and U of Queensland are all fairly good I hear as well. For architecture, anywhere that has reasonably good arts/humanities AND engineering rankings is probably a good indicator, as you'll probably have the most opportunities across all aspects of the subject/profession at those uni's.

ANU is probably the only one that has significant international "vision" though. Equally however unless you're Zaha Hadid, architecture is a pretty jurisdictional profession as the building regulations of any one country are likely to differ significantly, often in subtle ways, to another (and you won't have an office of 20 local guys to deal with these nitpicky details :P ).

Also, somewhat biased here but, Sydney is a great city to live in generally, so I recommend that :3
Thanks for the info! I heard RMIT is really famous in Australia for courses such as design(architecture,art and design etc) or engineering , I was wondering do you have any idea about this ( especially architecture)?
Original post by jokerswifts
Thanks for the info! I heard RMIT is really famous in Australia for courses such as design(architecture,art and design etc) or engineering , I was wondering do you have any idea about this ( especially architecture)?

I've definitely heard of it, which is a good sign I guess? I'm not too familiar otherwise, based on a cursory search it seems like a decent option.
Reply 5
Original post by the artful lounger
I've definitely heard of it, which is a good sign I guess? I'm not too familiar otherwise, based on a cursory search it seems like a decent option.
Thanks !

Quick Reply

Latest