The Student Room Group

Is it natural to feel sick and emotional after first day at new job

Iv recently left school. Im only 16. I get days where I feel like crap and other days im on top of the world (rare) tbh. Iv recently started a new job which is my first and iv been at it for my first day and i came home and just felt like crying. I dont want to tell my parents how I feel and really none of my friends (im usually the one who gives advice). i would say i do have bad anxiety but i feel as if i could get somewhere but then i just over think then my head starts making me feel bad thoughts.
Anyone felt like this and anything that is reassuring?
I dont want to quit this job as its too soon to do it ?
Aw just sit down and take a deep breath! It's only been your first day. I worked in retail for three years and on my first day I came home and balled my eyes out because I was not confident, didn't know anyone, didn't know my way around. I promise you it gets better!! Within the week you will feel different.

Working is a very different environment to school and it is a massive adjustment so it't natural to feel overwhelmed. But try to think of the massive achievement you made today! First day of your first job! You should feel very proud of yourself! Just have some comfort food, watch a funny movie and have a good rest and you'll feel better :smile:
Original post by Holliiii123x
Iv recently left school. Im only 16. I get days where I feel like crap and other days im on top of the world (rare) tbh. Iv recently started a new job which is my first and iv been at it for my first day and i came home and just felt like crying. I dont want to tell my parents how I feel and really none of my friends (im usually the one who gives advice). i would say i do have bad anxiety but i feel as if i could get somewhere but then i just over think then my head starts making me feel bad thoughts.
Anyone felt like this and anything that is reassuring?
I dont want to quit this job as its too soon to do it ?

It's natural to feel this way trust me! You're in a new environment and because you're quite young in comparison to the adult workers it may seem a little intimidating to begin with (I felt this was when I started work at my local pharmacy), All of the workers would stick together and even when I was on my lunch break I didn't have anyone to talk to. But then I started to involve myself more maybe that's what you should do. Throw yourself in the deep end because keeping yourself to yourself won't get you anywhere. Good luck xx
Reply 3
Thank you! Means alot replying :smile: have a nice day x
Reply 4
Original post by RobynMaryLove
Aw just sit down and take a deep breath! It's only been your first day. I worked in retail for three years and on my first day I came home and balled my eyes out because I was not confident, didn't know anyone, didn't know my way around. I promise you it gets better!! Within the week you will feel different.

Working is a very different environment to school and it is a massive adjustment so it't natural to feel overwhelmed. But try to think of the massive achievement you made today! First day of your first job! You should feel very proud of yourself! Just have some comfort food, watch a funny movie and have a good rest and you'll feel better :smile:

Thank u means alot replying :-) x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending