The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Agbonlaheto
If The_Luvbster gets an offer from Durham then I will quit and go work on an oil rig.

Ouchie, that cut deep. :rolleyes: Start looking for that oil rig Agbonlaheto. You could try the United Arab Emirates... I heard they're hiring.

Obviously I'm not REALLY going to make a university choice based on the presence/absence of Starbucks. I was speaking figuratively. When you move to a different continent it's nice to have something familiar, and McDonalds just doesn't cut it :smile:

Don't most students spend a lot of money on alcohol and cigarettes? I think I'm better off with my caffeine... it doesn't kill you quite as efficiently AND it's cheaper.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
The thing is, a pint in a college bar is something like £1.20. But if you don't drink at all then I suppose it would still save you money overall.

Smoking is rubbish! Boo yah!
Aww you poor people, we have one in Stockton which is open till 10!
Why would anybody want to buy coffee at 10pm?
Mattmoy_2000
Why would anybody want to buy coffee at 10pm?

To keep you awake. Silly boy.
Reply 25
The_Luvbster
Ouchie, that cut deep. :rolleyes: Start looking for that oil rig Agbonlaheto. You could try the United Arab Emirates... I heard they're hiring.

Obviously I'm not REALLY going to make a university choice based on the presence/absence of Starbucks. I was speaking figuratively. When you move to a different continent it's nice to have something familiar, and McDonalds just doesn't cut it :smile:

Don't most students spend a lot of money on alcohol and cigarettes? I think I'm better off with my caffeine... it doesn't kill you quite as efficiently AND it's cheaper.

Sorry to upset you, but there is neither a Starbucks nor a MacDonalds in Durham city centre.
I'm sure there used to be a McDonald's. I vaguely remember going in one when I was about 12,on my way to an A1 concert in Durham!

Hahaha.

Starbucks is cool,I love walking around with my drink,looking cool.Hmmm.
Reply 27
There did used to be a McDonalds - I'm not sure why there isn't anymore as it always seemed really busy! But now it's just an empty building..

There is, however, still a Burger King, yay! :biggrin:

AND the amazing thing is that Bimbis on the Market Square is open until like 3am loads of nights! I think that's a new thing - but it's awesome! Their chips are THE BEST chips ever after a night out.....mmmmmmm :biggrin:
Reply 28
chocolateflake99
I'm sure there used to be a McDonald's. I vaguely remember going in one when I was about 12,on my way to an A1 concert in Durham!

Hahaha.

Starbucks is cool,I love walking around with my drink,looking cool.Hmmm.

I met A1 at one of those motorway stop off places! My nickname at school at one point was Paul, because some people decided I looked like him :frown:
[Actually, it was "Big Head Paul", but I won't get into that.]
Mate, Bimbi's Neville Street are better than market sq. - they fry their chips in dripping rather than oil. Tastes trucking amazing, you should compare them sometime.
Reply 30
Mattmoy_2000
Mate, Bimbi's Neville Street are better than market sq. - they fry their chips in dripping rather than oil. Tastes trucking amazing, you should compare them sometime.

Well, it's a bit out of the way to be honest. I don't go out so much (except Planet) nowadays lol, but we tend to go to Loveshack now, and it's the ideal stop off from town to Trevs. Not heading down North Road!

But I might try it out sometime if I can :biggrin:
you could head up to it, then go back to college via south street perhaps (up near fighting cocks into the middle of nowhere, comes up on the backroad to the SS from the viaduct. Beautiful views and lovely houses).
vickyrkenya
Aww you poor people, we have one in Stockton which is open till 10!

Indeed,but it is likely you will get stabbed/mugged/attacked on the way there:smile:
Reply 33
Mattmoy_2000
you could head up to it, then go back to college via south street perhaps (up near fighting cocks into the middle of nowhere, comes up on the backroad to the SS from the viaduct. Beautiful views and lovely houses).

Ahhh, you Bailey-dwellers! :rolleyes:

EVERYONE on the Hill knows that route! We all take it if we've been out on North Road. You should feel bad for us, having to hike up South Street cobbles, then again up Potters Bank! :p:

Anyway, as I say, I still wouldn't take that much of a diversion for some better chips! :redface:
Next studio visit then :-P
Reply 35
Urgh, I hate Studio.

Next Walkabout/Rixies (I don't like Rixies but it's regularly Trevs-only on our formal nights so we all go!) I might try it, if I remember :wink:
Studio is cack isn't it?
Reply 37
Answer: Yes
Reply 38
Come to Newcastle on the train... I work in Starbucks there

.eb.
I've never been to Studio on a Tuesday before. I went on a Thursday once and it was awful, kind of put me off!

I really need to go this term.

I've never been to Planet of Sound either! Was going to go in Freshers' week but I was too sick:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending