The Student Room Group

CCEA C4 Maths 2015 Mark Scheme

Not a CCEA student. Friend gave me the paper, made this as I was bored. Feel free to argue with me.image.jpg
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
edexcel sending.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
image.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 2
Thanks, got all the same answers apart from 8b although mine is definitely wrong, I don't know if you are right or not, do you know how many marks its worth?
Reply 3
Original post by Derrylad
Thanks, got all the same answers apart from 8b although mine is definitely wrong, I don't know if you are right or not, do you know how many marks its worth?

Yeah it's worth 7 marks.
Tried it a few different ways, that's the only one that made sense to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks very much this is very helpful, if you have the paper there could you post up how much each question is worth in marks? Would be interesting to calculate what i got roughly!
I am so annoyed at myself. I did number 6 wrong because i squared it first. Will i lose all the marks for this question?
Reply 6
Original post by naomigoodchild
Thanks very much this is very helpful, if you have the paper there could you post up how much each question is worth in marks? Would be interesting to calculate what i got roughly!

1) 5
2) 6
3a) 5 3b) 9
4) 8
5a) 2 5b) 8
6i) 7 6ii) 2
7i) 1 7ii) 2 7iii) 1 7iv) 2 7v) 4
8a) 6 8b) 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by KatiePhilips1996
I am so annoyed at myself. I did number 6 wrong because i squared it first. Will i lose all the marks for this question?

I'm not a teacher.. But I'd expect if you have carried your error through correctly you'd get about 4/7 for part a, and as long as you've let your answer to part a = 2880pi and worked out a correctly based on that, you should get 2/2 for part b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sean1234321
I'm not a teacher.. But I'd expect if you have carried your error through correctly you'd get about 4/7 for part a, and as long as you've let your answer to part a = 2880pi and worked out a correctly based on that, you should get 2/2 for part b

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope you're right. Im so angry at myself over it. So stupid
Reply 9
For question 7i, the limits were x>-2 so I think you only needed to draw the part of the graph above the positive x axis! Only a small thing haha, thanks for putting this together!
Original post by hutchy410
For question 7i, the limits were x>-2 so I think you only needed to draw the part of the graph above the positive x axis! Only a small thing haha, thanks for putting this together!

Yeah I just checked that, you're right

Posted from TSR Mobile
You use substitution for the last question
Let u=cosx
Solve
It's easy with that
Original post by Annamaguire
You use substitution for the last question
Let u=cosx
Solve
It's easy with that

My answer is right I've checked it on an integral calculator. Yes there is more than one way to do it but if you don't have my answer you're wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1432737613.949071.jpg
Just to clarify my answer for 8b is definitely right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending