The Student Room Group

16 and never had a boyfriend

Just wondering how many other people are in my situation? All my friends have been in relationships and I just feel unattractive as they get a lot more attention. I've got with people at parties etc just not been in a real relationship... I get called 'cute' a bit but I don't really think that's a great thing as most guys don't want a girl that's 'cute' right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
18 and never had a girlfriend - by choice. No need to be getting into relationships especially since I'll be going to uni in September. Way too much commitment for my liking, Rather have a good time with a pick of the litter.

I personally prefer girls that are 'cute' but the majority of my friends don't.

Don't go getting into a relationship just because you feel like you need to, 16 is young. Hell, 18 is young.
Reply 2
Me lmao! I'm 16 and have never been in a relationship. I haven't have it much thought it's just that I've never had a desire to be in one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you just try not to dwell on it as it's so unimportant, even though it may seem like the opposite for you. You'd be suprised at the amount of people your age who've never been in one.
Im with you!
16 and never had a boyfriend
I can concentrate on school and don't have to worry about dealing with the dramas of a relationship and so can you!
I'm 18 and I've never have had a boyfriend. I'm just focusing on doing well in my A-levels at the moment.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering how many other people are in my situation? All my friends have been in relationships and I just feel unattractive as they get a lot more attention. I've got with people at parties etc just not been in a real relationship... I get called 'cute' a bit but I don't really think that's a great thing as most guys don't want a girl that's 'cute' right?

Will you go out with me bae?
Reply 6
:grouphugs:
I'll join you all on this, never had a girlfriend. I'd rather be with someone who is cute rather than hot. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chunkeh
18 and never had a girlfriend - by choice. No need to be getting into relationships especially since I'll be going to uni in September. Way too much commitment for my liking, Rather have a good time with a pick of the litter.

I personally prefer girls that are 'cute' but the majority of my friends don't.

Don't go getting into a relationship just because you feel like you need to, 16 is young. Hell, 18 is young.

couldn't have said it any better yo! :congrats::cheers:
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I'm 18 and I've never have had a boyfriend. I'm just focusing on doing well in my A-levels at the moment.

woop woop .... unfortunately not many people think like this anymore.. they feel the need to have gone out with someone or lost their viriginity before uni..
sucks

i'd take a cute girl any day over a hot hoe acting girl

don't follow the crowd OP.. focus on getting the best grades you possibly can at the moment. Save that life for uni and trust me it will be worth it :smile:
Reply 11
17 Male never been out with a girl haha
I hadn't had a relationship at 16 either, but I had plenty from 17 onwards :smile: you're very young.
Dude, you're 16. There are tons more important things to worry about- guys aren't the be all and end all. You don't have to have had a boyfriend to be a person :lol: don't worry about it- it will happen when it happens :smile:
Jesus christ...You probably still wear shoes with lights at the bottom of them.

Stay in drugs, eat your school and don't do vegetables.
Original post by Milf_Hunter
Jesus christ...You probably still wear shoes with lights at the bottom of them.

Stay in drugs, eat your school and don't do vegetables.

What wonderful advice :tongue:

OP, you're probably better off out of a relationship. It's boring to say, but right now your studies should be your main priority. There's time yet for the hassle of having a partner.
Reply 16
So since you are all in the same situtation why dont you make contacts with each others?
You are not missing out on anything. 90% of relationships at the age below 18 and below will be 'mistakes'.

If you're coming from the point of you need experience, there are plenty of people to look at to learn. You learn from mistakes yes, but who said they need to be your mistakes.

Avoid the relationship drama until you need to, is my opinion.
I'm in the same situation as you and I'm older than you. Don't rush!
I never had a bf at 16 either. I didn't see it as weird or a big deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending